3rd Trimester
Options

? for 2nd+ timers

How long after you had your baby were you able to comfortably fit into your old clothes? I'm just curious. I might Xpost this on 0-6 months too.

Re: ? for 2nd+ timers

• Options
    I probably could have worn my regular jeans home from the hospital, but I also didn't want much friction in the crotch area...so I wore sweats for a few days.  However, about 4 days later I put jeans on and they fit.  I didn't gain a lot of weight with my DD though...so I may be one of the "lucky" ones.
  • Options

lol...I'm hoping by 3 years after baby #1?

I was doing OK after about 4 months. However, I'm now in "woman" sizes and my juniors body is long gone. Pregnancy really changes your shape, so don't be too bummed if you end up having to look for new clothes altogether. I'm learning to love my more maternal shape a little mose each day.

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nothing really took that long for me, except jeans.....I had a may baby and by fall I was in my old jeans. But everything else was within a month or so. HOWEVER, I really didn't like to have anything tight/fitted on for months. My belly still had a pooch, even though the weight came off easily. I was always pretty self conscious about it.

This time, I'm sure it will be the same way. I just hope I'm fortunate enough to get all the weight off within a couple of months. I can deal with wearing looser clothing.

Good luck!

• Options
    Oh and ditto Banana....No more 'junior' type clothing. All of my Abercrombie and American Eagle stuff is long gone:(
  • Options
    Never, I gained 50 with DD and never lost a pound even in 12m of BFing. I will be smaller after delivering this baby though.
  • Options

ditto the others...I could 'fit' into my old clothes very quickly, but the 'fit' was totally different.

Things I noticed:

ALL my tops seemed WAYYYY too short. Maybe it was the bfing boobs, maybe it was my pooch, but I am not more drawn to longer tops.

I hated my old low rise jeans as they all gave me a muffin top, even though they actually fit a little bit big.

Junior styles are completely a thing of the past.

I cared more about comfort at first than cramming back into my old clothes.  Especially the first few weeks.  BUT I actually like my body more now. It's more 'womanly' than 'girly' and I just fill out clothes better.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I figured I'd probably be buying new clothes but there are a couple of things I am hoping to be able to keep!
  • Options
    Never! I was very small to start with when I first got preg. with DS#1 - so I didn't WANT to get rid of any of the weight.
  • Options
    I actually lost 42 lbs in about 3 weeks (it was some sort of freak miracle) but it still took awhile for my uternus to contract so I went up a size in jeans when I did wear them in the fall after my June baby. But by Jan. I was in a smaller size them I was pre-baby because I lost more lbs. There is this gross flap of skin that sadly never went away and might always prevent me from buying the size jean that fits everywere else+
  • Options

Around 3 weeks both times. I didn't gain a lot of weight with my last 2 PG, and I've gained less weight this time. I know I'm one of the lucky ones though.?

For me, the fit is the same, except that my abdominal area is "bloated". I've always had a flat stomach, but after 2 c-sections, it doesn't look so good. ?

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    They looked HORRIBLE (terrible muffin top at first), but I fit into some at 9 days pp.
  • Options
    Pre pg shirts right outta the hospital, jeans and pants I want to say about 5 weeks..I had a c-section and the skin took awhile to tighten back up and maternity jeans were the only comfortable thing to wear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"