3rd Trimester
Options

Is anybody else sleeping on their stomach still?

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and I can still sleep on my stomach! granted, I'm still pretty little for being this far along but that's the only way I'm comfortable is half hi/half stomach! I've never been told its an issue so I'm sure LO is just fine :)

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is anybody else sleeping on their stomach still?

• Options
    I am a stomach sleeper, but at my first appointment my doctor said to stop and sleep on my left side if possible or my right if I had to, but never my stomach or my back.  Now I couldn't lay on my stomach if I tried it would be to uncomfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    quezzoquezzo member

imageangeleighhh:
    I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and I can still sleep on my stomach! granted, I'm still pretty little for being this far along but that's the only way I'm comfortable is half hi/half stomach! I've never been told its an issue so I'm sure LO is just fine :)

Have you ever asked if it is an issue? Im pretty sure your doc would not recommend it anymore at this point. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was told I had to stop by 20 weeks because the weight would be too much on LO. Left or right side and that is all.

I'm excited to sleep on my stomach again in a few (10+) weeks.

• Options
    I have heard a few opinions on this. On one side 'never sleep on your stomach', on the other, 'your body will tell you when to stop'. The way I see it is that your body does a d*** good job at telling you when to worry. I stopped sleeping on my stomach because it began to get very uncomfortable and sore. My OB wasn't too worried.
  • Options
    No, I can't even imagine how that would be comfortable. I think I would feel nauseous from all that weight.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm 39 weeks and still find myself waking up on my stomach. I've always been a stomach sleeper and have tried to sleep on my sides and even my back, but apparently it's just too uncomfortable. I'm definitely in the "your body will tell you if there is a problem" camp, because thus far I've been told not to worry about it and I get better sleep when I'm not constantly waking up because my arms or legs have fallen asleep.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

my OB said it was not a big deal and that eventually you will stop since it will be like sleeping on a basketball...

I am a total stomach sleeper per se...but I tend do do a half side/half stomach sleep ....but now at 31 weeks I am on my side with a pillow for comfort (whatever that is ) 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagephq2011:
    I have heard a few opinions on this. On one side 'never sleep on your stomach', on the other, 'your body will tell you when to stop'. The way I see it is that your body does a d*** good job at telling you when to worry. I stopped sleeping on my stomach because it began to get very uncomfortable and sore. My OB wasn't too worried.

People usually say this when talking about sleeping on your back. If you were on your back and you woke up feeling like your arms/legs were asleep, that would be your body telling you to turn over. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure if I slept on my tummy I'd look like I was laying on a beach ball.  I'm a side-sleeper, with one knee up to alleviate some of the pressure on my hips.  Pretty comfy!  Snoogle helps. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    I would ask your dr what they suggest.  I cant imagine sleeping on my stomach at this point.  It would be like sleeping on a watermelon.   
    lolololo
  • Options
    imagejlk6:

I kind sleep half on my side half on my stomach but I do it cuddled up to a body pillow. 

This. I'm a stomach sleeper and this is the only way I can be comfy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFing SAHM to 2 under 2
    DD Annelise Madison (Sept 24, 2010) ? DD2 Madalyn Elizabeth (July 11, 2012)
    Bloggin' // www.SWEETSEPT.livejournal.com
  • Options
    imagejlk6:

I kind sleep half on my side half on my stomach but I do it cuddled up to a body pillow. 

This.  But if I get too far onto my stomach I get kicked a lot. ;) 

• Options
    I always was a stomach sleeper, but have gotten used to sleeping on my side. Now that my belly is bigger, I tend to do the half and half with my belly supported by a pillow. Occasionally I will wake up on my stomach and it isn't hurting, but I make myself flip over. If I would try to lie on my stomach, then it hurts.

• Options
    I was until it got too uncomfortable.  Now the only way I can do it is if I form my Snoogle into a doughnut and lay belly down in it.  LOL  I only resort to this if I'm having a really rough night.
  • Options
    imagejlk6:

I do this and sometimes I wake up more on my stomach, I figure my body or baby will tell me!

• Options
    imagejlk6:

This. I Have 2 body pillows in case one is too flat for my comfort level.

• Options
    imagejlk6:

same here!

• Options

I was told I had to stop by 20 weeks because the weight would be too much on LO. Left or right side and that is all.

20&l=as2&o=1&a=B0051VVOB2" border="0" />

• Options
    I couldn't imagine sleeping on my tummy! haha it would be way uncomfty! I lay on my side with a body pillow as well. I find myself waking up on my back sometimes and it is very uncomfortable 
  • Options

yes and I am 31 weeks-- but turned to teh side (so my chest is kind of flat, but my torso is turned so my tummy is half to the side).

I did this all the way to delivery with my son and it was no problem.

My doctor said-- no sleeping on back, and not on tummy if it ever becomes uncomfortable, but as long as it was and I was turning, she is fine with it until delivery.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"