Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

No Mac-n-cheeese!

My DD loves to eat!  I gave her Kraft macaroni and Cheese with brocoli in it and she looked at me like I was crazy and would not eat it.  She loves pasta, cheese and brocoli but apparently powdered cheese from a box doesn't make the cut.  I tried 2 different days and both time it was a no go.

I love to cook and make homemade mac-n-cheese but I am a little bummed that this old easy stand by is out!

She also gets a diaper rash from sugar.  I have no choice but to be healthy in my house! I guess that is a good thing...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No Mac-n-cheeese!

• Options
    My DD LOVES mac and cheese. She calls them "noonles". Hoping that your LO comes around!
  • Options
    Try the Velveeta brand or Kraft with the squeeze cheese instead of powdered. I've given that to DS with broccoli in it and he loves it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids hate kraft but love annie's white cheddar whole wheat shells... haha, health freaks already! They'll occasionally ask for the annie's shaped like bunnies too. Maybe worth one more go.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know that crazy look well.  I add some sort of seasoning now (yesterday was some onion and herb blend) and she'll gobble it right up.  She will eat the creamy cheese kind without anything added.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh man, that stinks!  We feed DS mostly all natural non processed foods due to his autoimmune-ness.  Anyway, one of the things we won't cut out is the easy mac.  He loves it and eats it probably once a week or so for lunch.  Totally an awesome go-to!
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Options
    i generally eat a healthy, whole food diet but I love Kraft mac n cheese. I dont think I have blessed my toddler with it yet though. 
    Charlie: Wowing the Masses with His Adorableness Since March 16, 2011 http://operationicingonthecake.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Try the Annie's brand! Our LO loves the shells and white chedder ones, we also add in peas. We have never tried Kraft before with LO, so im not sure if he likes it. But from how I remember the Kraft, the annies is definitely a bit creamier etc its also organic.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

If you want the convenience of mac and cheese, make pasta, add some butter and shredded cheddar cheese and mix together. It takes the same exact amount of time as boxed mac and cheese (and avoids all the processed crap in that stuff). You don't have to follow a complicated recipe to achieve mac and cheese

Other quick, convenience food things that are generally tolerated by toddlers are-

tacos

sloppy joes. I make it with ground turkey and pour the meat over baked potatoes (or sweet potatoes for the kids). Add shredded cheddar cheese on top.

homemade mexican pizzas--butter 2 corn tortilla. In the middle add beans/veggies/cheese/salsa. Cook on broil until one side is golden brown, then flip and cook the other side.

English muffin pizzas--add sauce/veggies/cheese to english muffins, bake until done

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tyke29tyke29 member
    My DS does not really like Kraft box mac-n-cheese, but he loved the frozen micro dinner version.  And it is easier than the box.  LOL. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"