March 2012 Moms
Options

Any other March moms just now returning to work?

I was due 3/30, had him (and started my leave) on 4/5 and took 12 weeks.  Yesterday was my first day back, blargh.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012

Re: Any other March moms just now returning to work?

• Options
    Boo to going back to work.  I go back in August and so don't want to!
  • Options
    DS was born 4/6 and I went back last week on Monday already.  So soon.  Wish I could have taken a longer leave but I used up 5 weeks of vacation time just to have a little longer at home with him.  But, I do work from home and my mom is here taking care of him at my house, so it has been a pretty easy transition so far. It will really suck in August when I have to start him in daycare
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo calforsiggy_zps05750af4.png
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go back a week from tomorrow :( I'm really stressing over it. DD already started daycare and isn't sleeping there. I hate that I will only see her twice a day and she will be screaming and overtired for one of those times. I'm going to have to talk to daycare about doing better with naps.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Today is my 3rd day back.  I'm super lucky that DH is a teacher so DD won't start daycare until August.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebeth2882:
    Boo to going back to work.  I go back in August and so don't want to!

This is me too. I'm really dreading it.  

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    I only took 6 weeks..since they use  a week of PTO for the start of your Sal con and any PTO you have acrued alongside your FMLA time I decided to wait till January to take my FMLA bonding time.  That way I have my PTO this year and I can get unpaid time next year and it wont use more than a few hours of PTO, because all they can use is what I have acrued, not what I will earn throughout next year.

My mom is flying over from Scotland in December to see LO & hubby for the first time.. and I havent seen her in like 24 years.  So I will be using the last of my PTO for 2012 then and FMLA for the end of her visit.
  • Options
    Jen524Jen524 member
    DD was born 3/15, last day of school was 9 weeks later so I stayed out and will go back to teaching mid August.  So not looking forward to it.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Options
    kel716kel716 member
    I'm a teacher.  I delivered on 3/29, and I got 8 weeks plus 2 personal days I hadn't used.  I went back for the last 3 working days of the school year (surreal, but I'm glad I did).  I don't really feel like I went 'back' to work since I'm now off with the rest of my colleagues.  We start back up on August 20th... I'm not looking forward to it, though I know I'll be fine once I get into my rhythm. 
  • Options

Livi was born 3/29 and I went back to work on 6/18.  The first couple of days really sucked but we don't have any alternatives. 

It'll get easier, I promise!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Andrew was born on 2/24 and I took the rest of the school year off.  The last couple of weeks were unpaid but given that he arrived a few weeks early my school wound up divvying my classes up to several teachers, so going back for the last couple of weeks would have been a mess.  I'm in complete denial about going back in August.. even though I'm only going back part time and he will be 5 1/2 months old by then.. I'm trying not to think about it.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    Wow you guys are so lucky.  I've been back to work since April 16th. My lo arrived Feb. 27.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Baby boy was born 3/18 and I started leave the week before that. I started back at work PT this week. It was pretty surreal and I missed my boy like crazy. He is at an in-home daycare 2 days per week and home with DH 1 day. I really like working and DS likes people and kids so I think it will be good for both of us once we get used to it. 
  • Options
    I had my LO on 03.28 and after 12 weeks have gone back to work on 06.20.  The first day was rough - really rough.  She is in good hands at a small home-based day care, and it is nice to talk with grown ups and have more of a structure to my day.  I have even been able to check back on on thebump.com, so that has been nice!  I am also excited about a paycheck - funds were getting depleted on while I was on leave.  She seems happy - and we really enjoy our after work time!! :-) Wish you all the best!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"