Infertility

reaaaally bad day.

so sorry, but my husband is useless to talk to about this stuff.

The last couple of days have been brutal. It seems like everytime I turn on the tv or watch a movie or anything, there is something about babies or IF on it. And then last night I had to go see my newborn God daughter,  whom I adore, but is still hard to go see. And then today my MIL asked if I would go shopping for a shower gift for DH's cousin. And so there's all that and to boot, DH has OCD which is only made worse by the mild vitiligo that he thinks is getting worse daily (it's not that bad). So I had to spend an hour listening to him freak out about his skin while I was visibly upset about IF and the fact that my Grandmother passed away 3 years ago tomorrow and it is always a tough day for me, and I'm running a 5K tomorrow that I am horribly nervous about. So I feel bad because I can't handle listening to DH 's vitiligo concerns today, but I just have so much anxiety and stress today... I don't know what to do, I'm so anxious. I'm worried that our IUI's in the fall won't work if I can't get rid of some serious stress. Any advice on how to relax when it just gets to be too much?? TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: reaaaally bad day.

• yeah men are the worst to talk to when it comes to IF, you just need to take time for yourself each day, say no to the MIL or whoever if you need to and take that time and pamper yourself- and it could be reading a book you want to read, see a movie, do a face mask or treatment, do your nails, color your hair, paint a picture, get a new hairdo, stop worrying about all those other people and focus on yourself and your well being...thats my advice, thats what I did

• thank you you're completely right!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageversace1008:

yeah men are the worst to talk to when it comes to IF, you just need to take time for yourself each day, say no to the MIL or whoever if you need to and take that time and pamper yourself- and it could be reading a book you want to read, see a movie, do a face mask or treatment, do your nails, color your hair, paint a picture, get a new hairdo, stop worrying about all those other people and focus on yourself and your well being...thats my advice, thats what I did

This.  With IVF #2 I took much more time to concentrate on me by doing small things for myself, getting my hair blown out, nails done, massages and was much more relaxed during the process and had much less stress.  I know money is always an issue when so much is getting spent on doctors but I felt I could find ways to cut other things to spend the money on myself and not feel bad about it.

TTC since 2008, our little miracle arrived July 2013!

photo fe6a27e4-de39-4f30-81f0-14bbf2fc509c.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"