Babies: 3 - 6 Months

BPA free question

So my dad is retired and loves to cook. He knows I wanted to make papaya, guava, and mango baby food for DD (it was on the list of fruits pedi said we could give her). Since we live in FL he got mangos from a cousin and will make that once they are ripe. Today he made papaya and already froze it for me in ice cube trays he bought at the store. The trays aren't BPA free though. He was so excited about it all so I'm wondering is the BPA free that big a deal? Should I tell him we need other trays? He's old school so I don't think he will understand the BPA free stuff too well.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: BPA free question

• I dont think its that big of a deal. I made home made baby food for my dd and used our ice cube trays. im not sure if there BPA free.
  • That small amount of food won't do any harm. They just found the bpa thing recently I'm sure my older kids got exposed lots and they are fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • also, my understanding of BPA is that it seeps into food more when it i heated so something like frozen food cubes would probably pose a minimal risk.
  • I have to partially disagree with pp's in that I think BPA is a big deal. Part of my grad studies were on ecotoxicology and everything I learned about it made me steer clear of it as much as possible (pm me if you'd like more info/literature). That said, most toxins are dose-dependent and it probably isn't a big deal to use that batch of food. Just get BPA-free trays for next time and eliminate it everywhere else you can.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes

imageJFH2010:
    I have to partially disagree with pp's in that I think BPA is a big deal. Part of my grad studies were on ecotoxicology and everything I learned about it made me steer clear of it as much as possible (pm me if you'd like more info/literature). That said, most toxins are dose-dependent and it probably isn't a big deal to use that batch of food. Just get BPA-free trays for next time and eliminate it everywhere else you can.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • shannmshannm member
    It's fine.  Enjoy the food!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"