3rd Trimester

One last note on LARPing...

It is, in fact, so geeky, that Geekchick and Mr. Geekchick have vowed never to participate in it.  It's too much, even for us.  THAT is something.  I proudly admit that I am a roleplaying gamer, but Jesus tap-dancing Christ I will never LARP.

And Mrs. L, you are correct.  There are very few things worse than furries.  For your consideration:

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
Sarah - 12/23/2008
Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage

Re: One last note on LARPing...

• LMAO at the last one.  I bet there are people who do that too-that's the sad thing...

• imageJimsBride08:

LMAO at the last one.  I bet there are people who do that too-that's the sad thing...

There are... there really are.  I've seen people create characters in MMORPGs that are just as unforgiveable, both from a freaky fetish standpoint and a pretentious a**hole "My character is the star and the bestest at everything," standpoint.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahh, I remember that! I'm trying really hard to remember the name of the site it's from... I know one of the writers was named Lore... Sjoberg? Or something like that. Oh!! Brunching Shuttlecocks! I loved that site.

Great sig pic, too. I seem to be compelled to watch those movies whenever they're on (and am doing so right now).

• I think I've seen that chart before. I actually find the whole LARP thing on this board kind of pathetic - I don't LARP primarily because I would feel stupid doing so, but really, more power to someone who likes it. At least it's better exercise than playing video games :)

I do think it's sad that people here get all middle school about it, though - Someone has a hobby you don't like and it's all 'let's gang up and call her a nerd'.  I mean, I spent way too much time on the computer as a kid, and while I didn't get made fun of for it (it wasn't public knowledge, lol), I easily could have, as it was pretty nerdy back then before the Web. Now I work as a software developer in the video game industry with a lot of nerdy people, and I'd be willing to bet that myself and my nerdy coworkers are smarter and make more money than most of you haters.

Fortunately for LARP girl, I doubt she cares that much, because it's very likely she's aware of the 'dork status' of LARPing and has used the Internet before, haha. And her OB? Some of you seem convinced that she'd be snickering, too, but you have to be some kind of nerd to be a doctor. I guess you housewives can go on feeling smug, since you don't have much else going for ya.

• imageLittleEgypt:

I think I've seen that chart before. I actually find the whole LARP thing on this board kind of pathetic - I don't LARP primarily because I would feel stupid doing so, but really, more power to someone who likes it. At least it's better exercise than playing video games :)

I do think it's sad that people here get all middle school about it, though - Someone has a hobby you don't like and it's all 'let's gang up and call her a nerd'.  I mean, I spent way too much time on the computer as a kid, and while I didn't get made fun of for it (it wasn't public knowledge, lol), I easily could have, as it was pretty nerdy back then before the Web. Now I work as a software developer in the video game industry with a lot of nerdy people, and I'd be willing to bet that myself and my nerdy coworkers are smarter and make more money than most of you haters.

Fortunately for LARP girl, I doubt she cares that much, because it's very likely she's aware of the 'dork status' of LARPing and has used the Internet before, haha. And her OB? Some of you seem convinced that she'd be snickering, too, but you have to be some kind of nerd to be a doctor. I guess you housewives can go on feeling smug, since you don't have much else going for ya.

:: Sneeks over from her ship to 2nd tri::

This is the Geeky girl in question by the way,

I <3 Egypt

:: ninja vanish:: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"