Secondary IF
Options

NSIF related....

So I have a climber....DS climbed out his crib this morning for the first time! He did the same thing at nap so I now have him on his mattress on my floor. Big boy bed arrives tomorrow:) Question- any tricks for keeping him in his bed? He's doing great right now on my floor, but I'm sure in his own room will be another story. I was so unprepared for this today!!! Tomorrow we have to run out and get bedding and guard rails.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
Moving on to IVF in July
37 with DOR...fabulous
ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

Re: NSIF related....

• Options

I think we got pretty lucky with DD! We had a convertible crib for her, so we just changed the bed, kept the same bedding etc... so it felt like it wasn't that different to her. She was only climbing out when she was awake for the day or from her nap though. I was so worried that it was going to be a struggle, but I just hoped for the best and prepared for the worst! I really hope that since he's doing well in your room that it continues in his =)

Good luck!

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    I was lucky with DD also but I put a door knob cover on the inside so she couldn't open the door and told her she couldn't get out of the bed until I came and got her in the morning.  I still use a monitor so I can hear her but she will just yell to me that she is ready to get up.  It was about 3 months before her 3rd birthday we made the switch.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We switched DS from his crib to toddler bed the first time I ever saw him try to climb out.  That was at about 20 months.  He's been in a toddler bed ever since, and just two days ago started opening his own door.  Before that he would hang out for a while and then call for us.  I'm thinking of putting a cover on his door knob, but not sure yet.  I just worry about him getting up in the middle of the night. 

Maybe practice staying in bed with DS, and make a huge deal out of it when he does.  Good luck!!!

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

We aren't there yet, but my DS has tried a few times while we are in the room.  Never on his own after we leave (we have a video monitor).  

I have heard that it is just important to keep the routines the same.  A lot of kids don't know to get out on their own!

Good luck! 

• Options
    Tx ladies! Nap went well today! Hopefully tonight is the same. Guess he was ready, too bad mommy wasn't ;)

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options

Hi!

Just popped on to see what's going on with all the ladies :) When does all of your IVF stuff begin??

I saw that you were going to get crib rails -- we never used them, just rolled up a pillow and stuffed it under the mattress cover as a sort of bumper so he wouldn't roll off. We spend a lot of weekends away and have found that it is easy, cheap and works everywhere.

Hope all is well with you. Good luck -- am praying that your IVF cycle is smooth and successful. 

Best,

Abby 

ttc #2 since 6/09 ** au naturel (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs + IUI (2 rounds) = bfn ** gonal f + ovidrel + IUI (7 rounds) = bfn ** IVF w/ICSI+PGD - all embryos arrested 4/28/12 GAME OVER ** image >
  • Options
    imagebronxite:

I saw that you were going to get crib rails -- we never used them, just rolled up a pillow and stuffed it under the mattress cover as a sort of bumper so he wouldn't roll off. We spend a lot of weekends away and have found that it is easy, cheap and works everywhere.

What a great idea! DD is really getting too big to be in her playpen when we travel anymore. (Though she still loves it) I was dreading having to drag bed rails around with us, so this is perfect!

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    I've heard of using a pool noodle under the sheets for a bed bumper.  That might be worth trying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"