October 2012 Moms
Options

Neutral colored large items?

So we're having a little girl, but i'm torn between ordering things in neutral colors such as swings and all. I think that if we have a little boy I wouldn't mind reusing it, but the pink ones are sooooo cute.... ugh! thoughts?

Re: Neutral colored large items?

• Options
    Definitly go neutral for the bigger items. You can always add pink accessories but it will be nice not to have to rebuy things if you have a boy for #2. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would just about choose a neutral for ANYTHING.  I know that the pink frilly stuff is cute but it would get old quick and then would be useless if you should ever have a boy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going neutral on a lot of the big items for future use and also because they go better with the style of the rest of our home. As much as I love pink, I don't want it to overtake the entire house. Her room is enough! :)
  • Options
    IEtoLAIEtoLA member
    Go withthe neutral items.  When I was pregnant with DD#1, we got everything in grey or brown.  The only thing I got with pink is an umbrella stroller and I was regretting it before we found out what we are having this pregnancy.  Thankfully it's another girl so we don't have to worry about it.  
  • Options
    I totally agree with buying bigger items in neutral. Makes so much sense!
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    We are getting neutral big items. Brown and red with stars. :D

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

With DD we went neutral on big things like the stroller, car seat, bouncy chair thing, Moses basket linens, high chair, carrier/wrap, etc. Really the only things that were gender specific were her crib linens, clothes, blankets and small toys. We still had/have pink everywhere!

We have enough to re-buy with this LO being a boy, I am really glad we don't have to buy a new stroller and infant car seat!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
  • Options

I am going to be a lone wolf.  Get what you want.  With DD we got a pink travel system (stroller, carseat0, pink swing, and a pink pack and play All the other things ended up being neutralish, I just dont think they had many chioces 5 years ago.

Anyway, when we found out DS was on his way I called Graco gave them the serial number our our carseat and they sent us a new green cover from thier replacement parts.  The stroller we never used becuse I bought a sit and stand off craigslist and DS didn't mind sleeping in a pink pack and play.  He never liked the swing, but I doubt that had anything to do with the color either.  Even now he plays with DD's toys all the time never minding what color they are. 

I liked all the items we had for DD.  I like them now.  We are still getting our moneys worth now, infact I am about to put our pink pack and play in the car for our 4th of July excursion.

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    To add I actually think it is funny that so many people are so against the color pink for thier little girls because it is so gender specific, but then say that you would need to buy non pink things if you had a boy.  Why can't a boy use pink things.  In fact I was just thinking that our umprella stoller is multicolored polkadots, some of them being pink and I use that thing for DS daily.  He has yet to question his manhood =)
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    I vote neutral but I'm not a huge pink fan in general.  I like the color and I wear it from time to time but that's about it.  I knew she'd have pink clothes and blankets and that was plenty of pink for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options
    imagenavy&violet:

I am going to be a lone wolf.  Get what you want.  With DD we got a pink travel system (stroller, carseat0, pink swing, and a pink pack and play All the other things ended up being neutralish, I just dont think they had many chioces 5 years ago.

Anyway, when we found out DS was on his way I called Graco gave them the serial number our our carseat and they sent us a new green cover from thier replacement parts.  The stroller we never used becuse I bought a sit and stand off craigslist and DS didn't mind sleeping in a pink pack and play.  He never liked the swing, but I doubt that had anything to do with the color either.  Even now he plays with DD's toys all the time never minding what color they are. 

I liked all the items we had for DD.  I like them now.  We are still getting our moneys worth now, infact I am about to put our pink pack and play in the car for our 4th of July excursion.

So totally this. Buy what you like! With DD I bought pink and girly everything and loved it. I knew we were looking to space the kids out 4 or 5 years. Some stuff would be expired or would expire before #2 was done with it. Some things, like the pack and play, didn't really matter. Now that we know #2 is a boy, I have sold a lot of DD's things and put the money towards #2. Some stuff for him I am getting second hand, some brand new. Its nice that he will have new things or like new things like his sister.
  • Options
    imageorgnlmama:
    imagenavy&violet:

So totally this. Buy what you like! With DD I bought pink and girly everything and loved it. I knew we were looking to space the kids out 4 or 5 years. Some stuff would be expired or would expire before #2 was done with it. Some things, like the pack and play, didn't really matter. Now that we know #2 is a boy, I have sold a lot of DD's things and put the money towards #2. Some stuff for him I am getting second hand, some brand new. Its nice that he will have new things or like new things like his sister.

I agree with these two. Buy what you want! Much of Dd1's stuff is/was pink... But we bought it for her! I am still replacing some stuff and think I would have any way. GL!!! 

Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I went neutral on all big things the first time just incase. I knew I would want new bedding for a second baby so I went boy with that and then obviously clothes, but for the glider and all the gear it could've been used for either.

Although I KWYM... Before I knew we were having another boy I tried justifying spending the extra money on a girly stroller just because it's pink and girly! Then after a stroll through the girl clothes I was happy we're having another boy, lol. One can get lost for days in there!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I say go neutral! I'm having a girl, as well, and am doing the room in pink and gray with an owl theme. So instead of doing the high chair, stroller, etc. in a girly color, I found a set that has an owl theme but is in greens, light blues, and light browns. Owls, but no pink! Sometimes carrying over some of the theme makes it easier to say "no" to the cute pink stuff. Wink
    image"Lilypie">Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    You can still get really cute stuff in neutral colors! Turquoise and green are all over the place right now and I think they work really well for either!
    imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"