Pregnant after a Loss

I'm already annoyed with my BMB

Do people lose all sense of research when they become pregnant..

I know not everything is truthful on the internet.. but  swear some people should have to have a license to have a child.

I'm waiting.. for the OMG I ate lunch meat.. Or OMG... Feta....

Going to be a long 9 months....

Re: I'm already annoyed with my BMB

• What happened?
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Feb... Second hand smoke thing at 3w4d pregnant freaked out she harmed the baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol. I could take all of them except for the girl claiming to have morning sickness before she even ovulated. I don't doubt that she is sick, but someone needs to explain how pregnancy works. 

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15
  • imageSockMonkeySam:
    Feb... Second hand smoke thing at 3w4d pregnant freaked out she harmed the baby.

ahh  i was checking from my phone today and its a pita so i only open a few.  I didnt see that one! 

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• It is just awful.  Things I have seen on first tri and my BMB that make me think people should not be allowed to reproduce;  asking if it is safe to eat the following: lettuce, watermelon, tap water, bottled ranch dressing, and a ton others, these just stand out to me.  People freak out over eating a turkey sandwich, pasteurized feta, or drinking a can of coke.  Today there have been 2 separate posts on my BMB today asking if it safe to swim in a pool or a lake!  I also enjoy reading posts about women "getting their periods" while pregnant...blood does not always = period!

Oh, and don't get me started on people who would need to "come to terms with" or would be "devastated" if their baby was not the gender they prefer.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• jodyrmjodyrm member
    Yeah I almost can't take it there. I feel like if I say anything contradicting them that I'm going to be the mean lady. Haha!
    ♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • tdmd09tdmd09 member

I don't think ours has been too terrible so far. And I think some of the paranoid crazy is kind of cute.

I'm also impressed by the very low number of "miscarriage posts make me scared" posts like I've seen on my other BMBs. That stuff always ticks me off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • imagetdmd09:

I don't think ours has been too terrible so far. And I think some of the paranoid crazy is kind of cute.

I'm also impressed by the very low number of "miscarriage posts make me scared" posts like I've seen on my other BMBs. That stuff always ticks me off.

Someone on my BMB recently was talking about her "irrational fear" of going to an appt. and not seeing a h/b.  While that is not how my m/c was discovered, I know that is a reality for so many women.  So the fact she considered it an irrational fear was annoying.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• tdmd09tdmd09 member
    imageAllycat11:
    imagetdmd09:

Someone on my BMB recently was talking about her "irrational fear" of going to an appt. and not seeing a h/b.  While that is not how my m/c was discovered, I know that is a reality for so many women.  So the fact she considered it an irrational fear was annoying.  

Yeah. That's my totally rational fear. That's how my last missed m/c was discovered -- routine OB appt, failed to find a HB by doppler, then sent for fatal ultrasound :( I find it annoying that she finds that irrational. An irrational fear is like the women who are asking if they can swim in a lake being afraid that the lake water will shoot up their vag and drown the baby. THAT is an irrational fear. 

Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Yea, BMB's are tough, as are the tri boards because there is so much stupidity lurking around.

BTW, I love the picture of Z in the Bruins outfit.  Are you from New England? 

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh ours was horrendous in the beginning. It was all the "I'm still going to keep drinking while pregnant" posts and the "Still driving my motorcycle while pregnant" post. Then there were people purposefully starting hot topics for people to fight over.

IMG_2014
  • imageMrs.DeliaMarieP:

Yea, BMB's are tough, as are the tri boards because there is so much stupidity lurking around.

Thank you. I am I am from New Hampshire.

• jodyrmjodyrm member
    imagetdmd09:

Oh we were lucky enough to have that gem already. Someone said 'even though I've never had a loss I'm deathly afraid of it' and everyone needed to make her feel better - then continued to say she thought the board should have a warning policy so she didn't have to read the m/c posts. It was sick.

♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • Just wait, it gets worse.  My BMB moderator is obsessed with correcting everyone who says gender instead of sex, even though in a medical sense when referring to a a/s, either term is correct according to a dictionary definition that I provided her.  It is so annoying, especially right now that everyone is having their a/s and gender reveal parties...oops I mean sex reveal parties.  For the love of God.  She gets her panties in such a bunch, takes all the pleasure out of that board for me.  Top it off with the fact that she calls anyone who disagrees with her stupid.  Pretty sure my IQ is still above average and my mind is broad enough to realize that depending on which definition you use, we are both right.  sorry, end vent!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAllycat11:

It is just awful.  Things I have seen on first tri and my BMB that make me think people should not be allowed to reproduce;  asking if it is safe to eat the following: lettuce, watermelon, tap water, bottled ranch dressing, and a ton others, these just stand out to me.  People freak out over eating a turkey sandwich, pasteurized feta, or drinking a can of coke.  Today there have been 2 separate posts on my BMB today asking if it safe to swim in a pool or a lake!  I also enjoy reading posts about women "getting their periods" while pregnant...blood does not always = period!

Oh, and don't get me started on people who would need to "come to terms with" or would be "devastated" if their baby was not the gender they prefer.  

Alleycat, don't ever say gender when referring to sex on the november board the mod will bite you head off.

• imagebenoitfan:

Just wait, it gets worse.  My BMB moderator is obsessed with correcting everyone who says gender instead of sex, even though in a medical sense when referring to a a/s, either term is correct according to a dictionary definition that I provided her.  It is so annoying, especially right now that everyone is having their a/s and gender reveal parties...oops I mean sex reveal parties.  For the love of God.  She gets her panties in such a bunch, takes all the pleasure out of that board for me.  Top it off with the fact that she calls anyone who disagrees with her stupid.  Pretty sure my IQ is still above average and my mind is broad enough to realize that depending on which definition you use, we are both right.  sorry, end vent!

Sex reveal sounds horrible. Gender reveal just sounds so much nicer!
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

Follow Me on Pinterest

imageimage

• tdmd09tdmd09 member
    imagejodyrm:
    imagetdmd09:

Oh we were lucky enough to have that gem already. Someone said 'even though I've never had a loss I'm deathly afraid of it' and everyone needed to make her feel better - then continued to say she thought the board should have a warning policy so she didn't have to read the m/c posts. It was sick.

Yeah, I saw that one. I was the poster that tried to warn her that people would probably bite her head off. And lo and behold, I was right. She was the IVFer who basically implied that her pregnancy was even more important than ours because she spent $15K on it. 

• imageAllycat11:

It is just awful.  Things I have seen on first tri and my BMB that make me think people should not be allowed to reproduce;  asking if it is safe to eat the following: lettuce, watermelon, tap water, bottled ranch dressing, and a ton others, these just stand out to me.  People freak out over eating a turkey sandwich, pasteurized feta, or drinking a can of coke.  Today there have been 2 separate posts on my BMB today asking if it safe to swim in a pool or a lake!  I also enjoy reading posts about women "getting their periods" while pregnant...blood does not always = period!

Heh that was an interesting post wasn't it? I typed up several responses to it before getting annoyed and never posted any of them.

• I dont' think our BMB is that bad, and I don't really care if they think I am "mean"

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• I totally agree with you, I am also on March.  Compared to my last bmb, it really is terrible.  I feel like I have only been mean, not nice yet. 
  • imageSockMonkeySam:
    Feb... Second hand smoke thing at 3w4d pregnant freaked out she harmed the baby.
    I missed that one, but it makes me giggle.
    Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSockMonkeySam:
    imageMrs.DeliaMarieP:

Yea, BMB's are tough, as are the tri boards because there is so much stupidity lurking around.

Thank you. I am I am from New Hampshire.

You are very welcome, I am from Rhode Island, and we are hardcore Bruins fans.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • imageJRomeH:
    imagetdmd09:
    imagejodyrm:
    imagetdmd09:

Yeah, I saw that one. I was the poster that tried to warn her that people would probably bite her head off. And lo and behold, I was right. She was the IVFer who basically implied that her pregnancy was even more important than ours because she spent $15K on it. 

Yes, I was involved in that one, I found the post insensitive and offensive, and got these page long defensive responses, and was told I shouldn't be offended because she put the disclaimer in her post that she didn't intend to offend.  Then she posted a GBCB post because I'm a meanie. 

Another gem chimed in, telling me to get over myself and implying that I said only loss sufferers can be concerned or scared, which was never my point. 

I remember that poster too, I was so angry.  It's totally understandable to be afraid of a m/c but the way she said it was so offensive.  And then she just kept arguing and trying to defend herself.  She was stuipid and had no idea how insensitive she was being.  I'm glad she GBCN'ed because if she had kept that crap up it would have gotten ugly.

For the most part I find the BMB useless, I don't really know anyone there, it's repetitive, and full of dumb questions. 

• Did any of you February girls see the "Share your labor/delivery story - if you had a take home baby". I was PO'd. There are SO many moms on Feb with full term losses or LOs who were too sick to ever leave the hospital.  Most of us are smart enough not to post the birth story without prefacing it - we get that it can be upsetting.  But to start a post specifically asking us not to post? I was ticked.  In the words of Full House "how rude"

I called the OP out on it, she tried to twist it around and make me the bad guy. I asked how else I was supposed to interpret her post - what else was the subject supposed to mean if it wasnt intended to exclude loss moms?  She DD'd the post shortly after.  I actually felt kind of bad for the 20+ other moms that took the time to type out long birth stories only to have them deleted. 

Loving my Little Bird (DD 3), Missing my Monkey Butt (DS) and Hoping for my Rainbow - due 2/17/13
  • imageJabberJay:

Did any of you February girls see the "Share your labor/delivery story - if you had a take home baby". I was PO'd. There are SO many moms on Feb with full term losses or LOs who were too sick to ever leave the hospital.  Most of us are smart enough not to post the birth story without prefacing it - we get that it can be upsetting.  But to start a post specifically asking us not to post? I was ticked.  In the words of Full House "how rude"

I called the OP out on it, she tried to twist it around and make me the bad guy. I asked how else I was supposed to interpret her post - what else was the subject supposed to mean if it wasnt intended to exclude loss moms?  She DD'd the post shortly after.  I actually felt kind of bad for the 20+ other moms that took the time to type out long birth stories only to have them deleted. 

I did not see that post, how thoughtless and insensitive of her.  I feel like its just an army of beebee brides over there that are incapable of reading pregnancy books or talking to their doctors.

There are enough PgALs that we could have our own BMB! 

• imagerockstarpups:
    imageJabberJay:

Did any of you February girls see the "Share your labor/delivery story - if you had a take home baby". I was PO'd. There are SO many moms on Feb with full term losses or LOs who were too sick to ever leave the hospital.  Most of us are smart enough not to post the birth story without prefacing it - we get that it can be upsetting.  But to start a post specifically asking us not to post? I was ticked.  In the words of Full House "how rude"

I did not see that post, how thoughtless and insensitive of her.  I feel like its just an army of beebee brides over there that are incapable of reading pregnancy books or talking to their doctors.

There are enough PgALs that we could have our own BMB! 

No lie.  So many if those girls dont 'get it'.  

I have posted a couple of times about how I will deliver soon after 34 weeks (once amnio shows lung maturity) and someone had the balls to send me a message encouraging me to research the risks of having a preemie and to rethink my choice to deliver early. I completely ignored her. Of course a preemie isn't ideal, but I will take a living 34 weaker over a full-term stillbirth anyday.  

Loving my Little Bird (DD 3), Missing my Monkey Butt (DS) and Hoping for my Rainbow - due 2/17/13
  • imageAllycat11:
    imagetdmd09:

Ugh. I remember that post....and I just couldn't stop myself from (nicely...I think( replying that a fear of a missed miscarriage isn't irrational....ultrasounds are how my miscarriages have been diagnosed...twice.

I try really hard to not let my bitterness seep out on the BMB too much....but sometimes I just can't control it. I have even gotten to the point where when someone the other day (possibly in response to the "irrational" post) responded to a question by cheerfully saying "Remember our mantra: today I am pregnant and love my baby!" I wanted to snap back: this is not THIS board's mantra and unless you have been there you know NOTHING about it!

Needless to say, I don't post much over there. 

Thank goodness for PgAL! 

• imagebenoitfan:

Just wait, it gets worse.  My BMB moderator is obsessed with correcting everyone who says gender instead of sex, even though in a medical sense when referring to a a/s, either term is correct according to a dictionary definition that I provided her.  It is so annoying, especially right now that everyone is having their a/s and gender reveal parties...oops I mean sex reveal parties.  For the love of God.  She gets her panties in such a bunch, takes all the pleasure out of that board for me.  Top it off with the fact that she calls anyone who disagrees with her stupid.  Pretty sure my IQ is still above average and my mind is broad enough to realize that depending on which definition you use, we are both right.  sorry, end vent!

OMG is she our board moderator?!??  She drives me crazy with the gender/sex thing!  It's like we're personally insulting her everytime one of us "misspeaks".  And yeah, the stupid and idiot comments I could really do without.  I actually really like our board other than her.  The ridiculous thing is I actually agree with a lot of the things she says, she just insists on being so righteous and mean about it all.  The only solace I get is she's a lawyer; I'm a legal assistant and have dealt with lawyers my whole life, she's somewhat typical.  I just roll my eyes.  And just to clarify, I've worked for and known some awesome lawyers who are not like this, but typically, they are.

I feel like the women on this board have it together on what's really important.  I guess the perspective we have really makes a big difference in our overall attitude.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"