Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Introductions

I'm sure that the group that posts here will be fairly small for quite some time.  I figured it would be nice to make a short introduction so we can all become familiar.

My wife is due in October and she is a member of this site too.  I joined just recently because I thought it would be nice to read about what others are going through and offer my opinions/knowledge when necessary.

In joining this community I am hoping to learn a lot from other people that may think and act completely different than I do.  I am very accepting and enjoy discussing things, so I think that will be a really enriching experience.

I look forward to "meeting" everyone on here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Introductions

• Options
    Lurkers, if you see any dads please send them this way Smile
  • Options

Yo,

Just found out I'm also a dad to be.  My wife is due in January.  I hope activity picks up in this forum! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ha! I mean January, wife is due in January.  I was remembering what I had read in your post, stay at home dad.
  • Options
    First of all congratulations and welcome.  I look forward to this really picking up too I know there are some gentlemen who have been on the boards longer, so hopefully they find us.
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you all know that you have at least one more guy joining you shortly.  My FI wanted to post last night but the board wasn't quite up and running.  He's excited to start talking to somebody (anybody) about this whole experience and should be on after work today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi guys. The wife told me about this and thought I would sign up. We are trying for number 3 right now and then I think we will be done. how do you get the picture things in the bottom of the post? I make have to get the wife to help me out.
  • Options

You can google "the bump tech support" or just click here.  My wife showed it to me, it is nice already having an insider.

Also, nice to have you (and your experience with 2 already).

• Options
    Asked my husband to join. Just as I suspected...won't be joining you guys. Sorry I tried!
  • Options
    No worries, it's not for everyone.  Maybe someday he'll see the light.
  • Options
    Heh, thanks love I'll take it from here.  Hey guys, my fiance is due in December and I'm really happy to have guys to talk to about this.  I don't know about any of you, but my friends probably can't take any more of the baby talk )planning etc) so I'm totally going to be leaning on getting my dad talk out on these boards... you know, when I'm home to do so.  See you gents on the board!  Oh and welcome anyone else who had wanted to post as much as I had!
  • Options

Just joined with the new dad board.  Been reading the site for a while, wife is active on the september board.  We're due Sept 30, baby girl.  

Excited to talk to other dads on here!

• Options

My wife just sent me the dads and dads to be board and thought I'd sign up since I had been complaining there weren't and dad resources on here for a long time now.

We are due in July and decided to keep the gender a surprise.  It's getting close and we're really excited!

• Options

Hi, I've lurked around the October 2012 board for awhile hoping something like this would pop up.

My wife and I are due 10/1 with a baby girl, our first (and probably only). We're both very excited! I'm hoping to get to know other first time dads here as well and hope to learn from others experiences as well as share some of my own. I was an only child and didn't grow up with kids around, so this is all going to be a very new journey.

• Options
    imageneildf:

I had been complaining there weren't and dad resources on here for a long time now.

Me too.  Dads and Dads to be are really underrepresented in this culture.  We will be a flagship for our kind.

• Options
    BTBCWMBTBCWM member

I'm here for the gangbang....

Kidding, but seriously....  I am.

Real intro here:  Wife and I expecting our first in October.  Probably won't post much on here, unless this board picks up or I feel like stirring things up and arguing.  My wife is also on the board, but not sure she's gonna want to claim me on here, lol. 

So, here's a question:  Whats the number one fear or source of anxiety for other dads or expecting dads?  Honestly, my only one is money, and being able to provide for a family.  What you got? 

Good lord, real manly avatar there...

• Options
    Oh aren't all of you precious.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

Finally a board for Dads. Now I can begin to post against what my wife says on her side of the boards. I admit its true. I don't always do the dishes at night and when i do the laundry I do leave it on our bed while sorting it and then I get distracted.

Ahem, let me digress. Hello board. I'm a dad of five children 3 boys and 2 girls. Okay here goes, they are all under the age of seven and i have no twins. I have a 6 year old, a 5 year old, a 3 year old, a two year old and an 11 month old. They are my pride and joy. The more I post the more some of you will find out about them. 

Now to the nay saying of all the evils my wife accuses me of  ( i love her more than anything) and to the topics of children, 

• Options
    imageBTBCWM:

So, here's a question:  Whats the number one fear or source of anxiety for other dads or expecting dads?  Honestly, my only one is money, and being able to provide for a family.  What you got? 

We are having our first in October and like a couple posters above you I have pretty much no experience with small kids.  So that is really my main source of anxiety. 

• Options
    My name is LeRoy but will be Duffman here. My wife told me to get on here (duffgurl) so here I am. We had our first baby August 19th 2011 & Logan my awesome baby bear. I'm a SAHD and I love it.
  • Options
    I'm going to try and get DH to come on here... he's full of advice/opinions.  He stays home with our trio and does an awesome job!
  • Options
    hello. my name is wes. i had my first little one in march. shes already 2.5 months old. im interested to see everyone's stories and everything. 
  • Options
    I think this is so great! My H always wanted something like this while I was pg but there wasn't anything that we could find. I've sent him the link and hope he'll be by - I'm most active on the preemie boards :)
  • Options
    hi i'm dylan and a dad to 4.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hey guys, I'm Brad and my wife is due with our first on July 04. 

Hopefully we can share some stories and advice and keep the ladies and their drama at bay! 

"I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas time."
  • Options
    Morning dudes! Just became a dad two weeks ago and live it, though wecarecstill adjusting to the lack of sleep and crying. We think our son has some gas issues...future man in training, eh? Good to meet you all and go Tigers!
  • Options

imageHappyAardvark:
    Oh aren't all of you precious.

Yes this. :) I'll have to tell DH about this board!

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Hi im Allan. My wife is on here and was told about the daddy board. Since im on parental leave for the next 10 weeks i thought i would join.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    See what happens when you post from an iPhone...I'm really not that illiterate. I'll stick to the computer from now on.
  • Options
    My wife is a bumper. We have an 11 month old son. I'm not really connected with other dads, so thought I'd give this a shot. Promise you won't be douchebags.
  • Options
    Hey guys, I'm a first time dad. We had our son about 3 weeks ago.  I'm excited to join this group.
  • Options
    Promise, but we may make fun of you from time to time if you deserve it Wink
  • Options
    Hey guys.  My wife and I had a son, Harrison, about 2 months ago.  He is our first one and it has been an interesting learning experience.

My wife has been using the bump/nest/knot and whatever other associated site there is for quite a few years now and finally got me to actually join and read the Dad section.  I see there is a parenting section so I may venture there as well.

Anyway, I am 26, we live in Pennsylvania, I am a Registered Nurse and I also do behavioral rehabilitation therapy with children (sorry for almost making that sound like a dating profile).
    Watching over my flock and keeping the wolves away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"