1st Trimester

ACNE! Yuck

Ok, I'm beginning to feel 15 again with the horrible outbreaks on my face/chin. They're the painful, under the skin nasty ones too! Obviously it's not a "dirt" problem, it's a hormonal problem. So I'm trying to figure out what the best skin care would be for hormonal acne. Anyone have any suggestions?
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ACNE! Yuck

• If you find something please let me know.  I have never been so broken out in my life.  I am currently using liquid Purpose soap with a drop of tea tree followed by Burt's Bees Garden Tomato toner.  It seems to be slowly getting better but not nearly what I would call clear yet.
  • Ps...I have heard this stuff is good but I haven't tried it myself https://www.belliskincare.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh...I'm sorry - and I can relate.  I've been washing my face with honey which seems to be helping.  I have horrible acne on my shoulders right now...I just the other day started cleaning my shoulders with it too, we'll see if it helps.  I also dab a little bit of diluted tea tree oil right on the zits...I think it helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you kind of just have to wait it out.  I started using a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment that I put on at night before bed at the recommendation of my OB.  Not sure how much it's helped, but it definitely did dry the skin out on top of it.

Here is my skincare regimen:  I use an enzyme foam in the shower in the evening and use the spot treatment on any of the nasty painful zits, and put on Bare Minerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer. I use the Bare Minerals Deep Cleansing Foam in the morning and the Bare Minerals Advanced Protection SPF 20 Moisturizer for the day time.   My skin seems to have gotten a lot better in the last 2 weeks, still some breakouts here and there but nothing like I had the first few weeks.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I completely feel your pain!  The acne way sucks!  :(  My last pregnancy I ended up seeing a dermatologist and I did blue light UV therapy directed at the "problem areas" that helped some.  It at least made the really painful ones less painful.  Unfortunately I haven't found some amazing remedy besides delivery....:(
  • I know!  I've always struggled with some mild to moderate acne on my face, but since being pregnant, I have had a LOT more acne on my shoulders, chest, and neck -- so weird!  I'm trying to avoid makeup as much as possible (which is fine, since it's so hot it would just melt off anyway), and when I do wear makeup, I use Ponds cleansing wipes to clean my face.  It seems like for me, a minimal amount of chemicals and medicines worked best -- just good ol' fashioned cleaning!

Psalm 139:14 -- "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
  • Ugh. I am not even 5 weeks yet and my skin is breaking out like crazy. Apparently it is going to get worse :(

I just picked up a couple of cleansing masks tonight to try - we'll see. If it really works I will let you know!

Jennifer (29) & Don (33) Married 11-11-11

2 cats (Tinker & Skitz) and lots of reptiles! ~Hyperprolactinemia due to pituitary microadenoma~

Expecting our first - Due March 3, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My skin is freaking out! I don't remember it doing this with DD, but I got my BFP in November then so I wasn't sweating as much either.

I have no idea what to do about it either.

I want to tell people I'm pregnant just so I can have an excuse for looking like this, but I am going to wait a couple more months.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• 15 weeks and "backne" still going strong... No suggestions just complaints... Blah!

• I'm in the same boat! I used Proactiv as a teenager and am using it again!  It seems to be helping.  I also use Eucerin on the dry patches (it helps moisturize without clogging pores). I'm hoping the 2nd trimester will bring clearer skin!!!
  • Its kind of weird but after I had my daughter 7 years ago I started to break out which was so new to me.  But anyway this pregnancy so far has made my face never look better.  I recommend LUSH.  www.lush.com is the website but I go to the store.  I have used it for 7 years and swear by it.  Everything is all natural and my dr says when your pregnant you should try to use and eat all natural if possible. Hope this helps.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I use to use Alba Botanica Acnedote line and it worked great until I found out I was pregnant. My breakouts are mostly on my chin which I read is connected to hormones. :/ I switched to Kiss My Face and my breakouts haven't been too bad since. Still sad that I never had to deal with acne until now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"