August 2012 Moms

Well f, clogged duct already

Thats right you heard me I have a clogged duct and I'm not even breastfeeding again yet. lol  I had to squeeze all the goop out (it was bunch) and then I pumped for a few minutes to make sure I had it cleared out well, the last thing I need is mastitis before I even have a nursling.  

My nipple was itching and I noticed a bulge on one side. Thankfully I think I got it all cleared out though I did set off a nasty bout of contractions from all the nipple stim.  I think its because my milk never really dried up after DS weaned in December.  

Re: Well f, clogged duct already

• OMG! Uncomfortable.........................and a trooper for going through contractions. I had enough without any stim yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • UGH! What a pain.  I shutter at that.  I had double mastitis with DD and was in the hospital a night because it was so bad and had to stop BF her. I really hope that doesn't happen again. Hopefully you'll be fine until you have LO!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad you was able to get it before it got worse...Hopefully this'll be the last time you have to pull out a pump during pregnancy.
    I didnt know nipple stim actually worked...I knew it was possible but didnt think the happening was that high...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wowee.  I haven't even started getting colostrum crustys yet! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've had one or two that I had to clear out too. It's been almost 15 years so I was like, WHAT is this?
  • imageKLilley:
    wowee.  I haven't even started getting colostrum crustys yet! 

My milk just turned to colostrum a few weeks ago.   

LT I pumped with my induction last time on my mws recommendation, my nipple stim contraction were actually stronger than the pit ones.   

• imagehalvorsonl00:

UGH! What a pain.  I shutter at that.  I had double mastitis with DD and was in the hospital a night because it was so bad and had to stop BF her. I really hope that doesn't happen again. Hopefully you'll be fine until you have LO!

I was worried about that which is why I decided to pump just in case.  I'm sorry you had to deal with that, I hope this time goes better for you.  Smile 

• You are grosser than gross! Just let J get it out for you next time! Surprise
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • imageMerried_2008:
    You are grosser than gross! Just let J get it out for you next time! Surprise

lol No that would be grosser than gross. 

• imageChibiMommy:

imageMerried_2008:
    You are grosser than gross! Just let J get it out for you next time! Surprise

lol No that would be grosser than gross. 

Ha ha!!!! R would love to help me with breast issues (not that I have any milk or anything yet) I won't let him near them. Ouch!

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"