Single Parents
Options

I hate to assume.

After everything that happened with BD yesterday, (though I hate to make assumptions) My dads lugnuts were loose on his tires, and my mom has 4 flats. :(

Because I have no proof that it was him, I know that I can't do anything about it, but If there was some way that I could prove it was could I get an order of protection or a restraining order?

Re: I hate to assume.

• Options
    I know I had problems with felony vandalism when I was a teen. I gave the name of my ex boyfriend, and they repeated investigated him. However, it was felony vandalism, not flattening some tires. OTH, loosening lug nuts is dangerous. Call the police and see what they say.
  • Options
    didnt you post about him threatening harm on you and your unborn baby?  that may help if you have the message  but im not sure
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageseptmom11:
    didnt you post about him threatening harm on you and your unborn baby?  that may help if you have the message  but im not sure

I do still have it, they are from him and his cousin. 

• Options
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

imageseptmom11:

The fact that you are posting legal questions to a bunch of strangers shows how naive you truly are.  

• Options
    imagepreggersin2011:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

imageseptmom11:

The fact that you are posting legal questions to a bunch of strangers shows how naive you truly are.  

Because I am asking for advice? on a public fourm? Where I can ask anything i want? Oh excuse me I must have forgotten the rules of a fourm... if there were any.

Thanks for the snark. but I do not value your opinion if you don't wish to be helpful. Thanks. 

ETA: I do believe my name has not been disclosed, I am not using names, nor am I asking anything personal

I am asking for those who have had experience filing restraining orders, or perhaps OOP's against other people and if MY circumstances were useful enough to be able to do so.

ETA: I am also pretty sure that other moms ask for legal advice on this board. but thanks for the pointless comment :)

• Options
    imagepreggersin2011:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

imageseptmom11:

Im not saying she makes the most sense but I've asked legal advice here, these women have been through all the hops and have a general idea of what to expect as almost all of them follow with.. You should talk to a lawyer.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Options
    The fact that there has been made threats to your physical well being along with vandalism, I wouldnt think you would have issues seeking legal help or  obtaining a protection order. Then again laws vary by state and it can be a lengthy process.
  • Options

I'm in Canada so idk if this applies to you but what I did to get a restraining order against my ex was go to the courthouse and fill out an affidavit explaining the urgency for needing it. If you write about something that happened to someone else because of him you will have to prove what happened because you cannot quote what is hear-say, a judge just won't accept it as evidence.

All you can do is try right?. GL

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

You should be able to get a protective order. I would at least report it to the police and give his name. All states are different though. My ex came up to my work and left stuff on my car - not vandalism though - but enough to scare me and wonder if he was following me. I let my lawyer know. If I had a restraining order he could have gotten in trouble, but since I only had a protective order there wasn't much that could have been done.

Also I started getting weird e-mails from a secret admirer (pretty sure it was him). I just never replied and he eventually stopped.

So sorry to hear about this.

TTC#2 with my hero, my inspiration, my United States Marine! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"