1st Trimester
Options

Why do people keep staring at my babylicious belly!?!

I'm starting to show, and people are starting to stare. Maybe I'm just paranoid and self conscious.... How do you cope with starers?

Re: Why do people keep staring at my babylicious belly!?!

• Options

imageBride-hilda:
    I'm starting to show, and people are starting to stare. Maybe I'm just paranoid and self conscious.... How do you cope with starers?

Its bloat.  You are not starting to show. Check your teeth, face & person to make sure there is nothing stuck to you. I promise people aren't staring at you as much as you think they are.

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/mindiv/fh-1.jpg

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps you're right. I appreciate the feedback, but I believe there are a few ladies who are actually "starting" to show at ten weeks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBride-hilda:
    Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps you're right. I appreciate the feedback, but I believe there are a few ladies who are actually "starting" to show at ten weeks. 

Some, but very very few. You'd have to be crazy thin. See this chart:

I would put it in the post or make it click-able, but my phone is not allowing metro do that.

I promise it's bloat-- when you get to 38 weeks & feel like a cow you will look back & giggle at this post. Drink lots of water to minimize your bloat.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I think it's your imagination because you are preoccupied with your pregnancy. Other people don't even know and quite frankly, don't care.
    Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • Options

imageNechamaChayim:
    I think it's your imagination because you are preoccupied with your pregnancy. Other people don't even know and quite frankly, don't care.

Very well said.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    imagePrimRoseMama:

imageBride-hilda:

Some, but very very few. You'd have to be crazy thin. See this chart:

I would put it in the post or make it click-able, but my phone is not allowing metro do that.

I promise it's bloat-- when you get to 38 weeks & feel like a cow you will look back & giggle at this post. Drink lots of water to minimize your bloat.  

This is true...I'm going on 13 weeks and my uterus is just now a little above my pubic bone. It's bloat and even though people who know I'm pregnant tell me I look like it I know I'm not showing. Constipation and water retention are what's "showing".

• Options
    tdmd09tdmd09 member
    If they ARE staring (which they probably aren't), it's probably because they can't decide if you're pregnant, or just fat, and they don't want to be "that person" that congratulates you on your pregnancy when really you just ate too many tacos.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options

imagetdmd09:
    If they ARE staring (which they probably aren't), it's probably because they can't decide if you're pregnant, or just fat, and they don't want to be "that person" that congratulates you on your pregnancy when really you just ate too many tacos.

Lmao! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagetdmd09:

Stupid iPad double post 

• Options

imageBride-hilda:

That's funny.  I remember my first pregnancy when I was very sure I was showing around 20 weeks.  When I look back at my belly pictures there was barely a bump then... let alone 10ish. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options
    imageAllycat11:

imageNechamaChayim:

Very well said.  

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So here I am pregnant w/ triplets at 12 weeks. And here I look fat. So if you have a baby belly at 10 weeks I'd love to see it.

I'm thinking to many taco's.

• Options
    Even though it is bloat, you have a belly because you are pregnant.  Be proud and let people wonder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options

I swore I was showing at 10 weeks with my first.  Now, I look back at the photos and laugh.  Someone congratulated me at 16 weeks and looking at that photo I think she was very brave because I just look like I had too much to eat.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Usually the last meal I ate is what's showing. I like to call it my food baby.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options

I started showing quickly (and by quickly I mean it). I had people asking me why I waited so long to tell them when I was 7 weeks. I pooped. The doc checked me for twins... I am very short and was all belly with my first... I do not assume it will change. If you are showing (take pics for your own pic book) embrace it!!!

Here is my 9 week pic to prove I pop lol image

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I guess people will believe whatever they want to believe.
  • Options
    imageericalea511:

I started showing quickly (and by quickly I mean it). I had people asking me why I waited so long to tell them when I was 7 weeks. I pooped. The doc checked me for twins... I am very short and was all belly with my first... I do not assume it will change. If you are showing (take pics for your own pic book) embrace it!!!

Weird since your uterus was still really small.

• Options

It likely is bloat - can you feel your uterus? I'm 13w3d and I can feel like the outline of it and it's still well below my belly button so I know all that "bump-ish" goodness above it isn't baby.

That being said bloat sure can mimic bump!  

• Options
    jodyrmjodyrm member

Well I'm pregnant with a vampire baby. *** medical facts and common sense - it's true because I said so.

Take that! 

♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • Options

I will never understand why people keep posting that uterus chart as if it's supposed to ring true for EVERY SINGLE PERSON. As far as I'm concerned, just like most other things, it's a guideline or a bell curve. Will there be people who follow it to a 't'? Of course. But there will also be people who won't.

OP - I don't know if people are staring at you or if you just notice people more because you're now pregnant, but either way just smile and enjoy your day!

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    imageericalea511:

eta- love the bump mama! You look great! 

That's crazy! I didn't look like that until 20+ weeks with Ds. This time I barely even have a bloat belly to show off... But I'm choosing to celebrate this bc maybe I can avoid buying mat shorts :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    In all honesty, if you are average sized, it's most likely bloat. If you are extremely petite though and thin, it is highly possible to start showing earlier. I have a very petite friend who is a week ahead of me and she has a very defined bump.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageAllycat11:

imageNechamaChayim:

Very well said.  

Yes. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    imageChynaDholl:

I will never understand why people keep posting that uterus chart as if it's supposed to ring true for EVERY SINGLE PERSON. As far as I'm concerned, just like most other things, it's a guideline or a bell curve. Will there be people who follow it to a 't'? Of course. But there will also be people who won't.

OP - I don't know if people are staring at you or if you just notice people more because you're now pregnant, but either way just smile and enjoy your day!

Yes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options

It is probably just bloat...but like someone told me yesterday: that is baby bloat belly so yeah...you're showing.  ;) 

Embrace the baby belly bloat! It's yours! And, people have been staring at me also...probably wondering how I put on so much gut weight in a month or so. 

And, don't get discouraged here by people who like to post negative things. Every woman and every pregnancy is different! Why kill someone's joy because you like to state facts? It's definatetly one reason I don't post often here. I just hate negativity. 

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you! 

• Options
    imageChynaDholl:

No, everyone won't follow it to a T but you've got women here insisting they are showing everywhere from 5-10 weeks and really just doesn't make much sense. 

• Options
    imageLaurelBee:
    imageericalea511:

eta- love the bump mama! You look great! 

That's crazy! I didn't look like that until 20+ weeks with Ds. This time I barely even have a bloat belly to show off... But I'm choosing to celebrate this bc maybe I can avoid buying mat shorts :) 

It is nuts!!! I love it though :) Took us 2.5 years to get here! LIVE IT UP!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"