Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How do YOU get through teething?

How do you mentally get through teething.. she just cut a tooth, its not even all the way out yet and I see another one working its way through.We're a week in and I feel like I'm going to pull my hair out.. I'm surprised I didn't murder someone today.. DD hasn't been all that bad, fussier the usual but manageable. Today though was a whole other ball game..There was NOTHING I could do to make her happy other than stand and hold her...

I feel I have a good amount of patients. I'm thankful I at least know why she is so cranky and I have sympathy for her.. But when she is un consolable  I feel like I'm going to lose my mind.. I know about all the cold stuff and I have been giving her cold thing left and right. I even let her gnaw on an ice pack :/ I gave her Tylenol today because she was so cranky and I knew she was in pain but I dont want to just keep feeding her that stuff.. I have several different homeopathic teething things but I'm not quite sure if they really work.

Question is:

How do you, as a mother deal with the teething process, The extreme crankiness,not being able to do more to help, your irritably due to LO being irritable?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do YOU get through teething?

• Options
    I just keep telling myself it's only temporary and let myself indulge in a lot of tv (which I normally don't) while trying to soothe them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS has yet to cut a tooth, BUT I was a nanny for 12 years... and those days, OH THOSE DAYS... I would sit and do nothing except hold and comfort LO, Baby Einstein, sitting outside helped, and bath time. Good luck! Order pizza for dinner and get DH to tidy up.... it will pass
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have that much help with how to deal. Neither kid has been too bad with teething luckily. Just lots of drool! But I wanted to suggest to try ibuprofen instead of tylenol since it tends to be better for pain and tylenol better for fevers. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageVTFutureMrs:
    I don't have that much help with how to deal. Neither kid has been too bad with teething luckily. Just lots of drool! But I wanted to suggest to try ibuprofen instead of tylenol since it tends to be better for pain and tylenol better for fevers. 

Thank you, I didnt know that.. Will deff. go  get some tomorrow.

• Options
    DS was a dream with teething.  DD on the other hand, well, she's a mess.  It's really only terrible on the days the tooth pops through though, so I know they next day will be better.  Tylenol and teething tablets, lots of cuddles, and just trying to keep her happy.
  • Options
    JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    LO cut the 2 bottom middle teeth right before 5 months. Thencame a side  tooth...it was bad but now he has cut his upper I teeth and the upper middle teeth are visable under the gums. We alternate between Tylenol and Motrin. I've tried everything for teething and only the meds ease his pain. These I teeth and middle ones are bad. He whined ALL day today! :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    hway24hway24 member

I don't have much advice because I'm feeling the exact same way. This week has been awful! I've been using the teething tablets and Orajel natural. They do help some. But nothing helps completely.

This is his 3rd tooth and its way worse than the first 2. I feel bad because I know he's hurting, but my patience is about gone. I'm trying my best not to take it on anyone else. I think I may loose my mind completely if it goes on much longer.

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageyssej7:

imageVTFutureMrs:

Thank you, I didnt know that.. Will deff. go  get some tomorrow.

You can't give LO ibuprofen until 6 months.  If your ticker is right you still have a bit before you can do this.  I only know for sure because DS is teething right now and I called the pedi TWICE to double check this since the Tylenol isn't really helping him with the pain. 

EDIT: Nevermind... I thought your LO was 4 months old... not 4 months until the 1st birthday... blonde moment :)

I'm sorry for the confusion, that happens all the time, I should probably change my ticker LOL

• Options

My LO is in the same boat-- one tooth is partially in, the other working its way. My normally happy baby is a nightmare! I've been giving tylenol on a schedule (need to try ibuprofen), and he also likes a cold washcloth to chew on. And when all else fails, he LOVES the bath, so I sit him in the water and let him play-- it distracts him enough I guess! 

I know you asked how I deal, and lately I've been getting out of the house. While he's impossible at home, he's great out in public! We go to Target, grocery shopping, a ride in the car, etc. It breaks up time between naps!  Also, wine at night helps too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tyenol doesn't work for us we use motrin. A.J. is third tooth is poking through and its been miserable for me and him. I just remind myself it is a phase and too will pass untill then I get extra snuggle time with my active boy,
  • Options
    Tylenol is the only thing that seems to help when it's REALLY bad. I only will give it to her at night when she's screaming in pain. Otherwise she LOVES teething toys during the day and just me to snuggle her when fussy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"