Babies on the Brain
Options

Drinking...

How soon before TTC did you/are you going to stop drinking alcohol?  How about your DH?

Re: Drinking...

• Options
    I stopped when the test said pregnant :P ?DH doesn't drink hardly at all.
  • Options

We're on cycle 11 and have not given up alcohol. I'm drinking a Guinness right now, actually. After nearly a year of this shit, sometimes a glass of wine (or a bottle) is very welcome.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If DH had to stop drinking, he would die.  I hardly ever drink so I didn't have to give it up at all.  I have a drink occasionally still.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Options

I plan to stop when I see a BFP. 

DH plans to stop, uh, never.  lol

• Options
    I stopped when I got a positive test. DH didn't stop, but he doesn't drink that often, so it doesn't bother me.
    Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• Options
    We were in fertility treatment, and I drank the most in the month before my BFP that I had in a whole year. . . not that alcohol aids in conception, but I could hand that out as offensive and useless advice. i kept in mind that people got pregnant in college on one night stands where LOTS of alcohol was involved. After a BFP, no booze for me though. At. All
  • Options
    I have no plans to give it up until I get a BFP.  DH and I are not big drinkers anyway - maybe a couple drinks a week.  I have thought about it though, and if I really thought the amount I was drinking could affect my ability to conceive, I probably would at this point.  I just can't see that right now though.  It would be a sucky half year plus if I had stopped drinking when we started TTC.
  • Options
    I didn't stop until I got my BFPs.  DH is not carrying a baby so he didn't stop at all.
  • Options

drink til its pink for me!!

*having a glass of wine now actually!!

DH will never stop. He works his butt off and loves coming home to his other wife-Bud Light.

• Options
    I didnt know you had to ever stop.....Indifferent
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I read somewhere a while ago that the woman should give up drinking THREE months before TTC and the man one month.  Haha, try convincing my DH that he should quit drinking!  Won't happen!  And I find that a glass of wine really helps with my period cramps and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving that up.  Plus it's not like I'm going to get pregnant during those days.  Plus with New Years and Christmas coming up I was going to be sad if I really had to give up my Adult Egg Nog!  Not that I couldn't live without drinking, but it helps a lot!
  • Options

imageMrsVanPelt:
    I read somewhere a while ago that the woman should give up drinking THREE months before TTC and the man one month. 

Where ever you read that, burn it or destroy it. They probably have all sorts of other "useful" advice about TTC--such things as "prop your hips up after sex" and "you ovulate on day 14 after your period". Eek.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs_Liberto:

imageMrsVanPelt:
    I read somewhere a while ago that the woman should give up drinking THREE months before TTC and the man one month. 

Where ever you read that, burn it or destroy it. They probably have all sorts of other "useful" advice about TTC--such things as "prop your hips up after sex" and "you ovulate on day 14 after your period". Eek.

I actually don't even remember where I read that.  It was so long ago I can't remember if it was a book, article, or something my Mom told me (my money is on Mom, though...).  I am burning it mentally!!!  It is out of my mind and I am having a Bahama Mama! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"