Northern California Babies

Switch to Kaiser or stay on Medi-Cal through end of pregnancy?

DH and I are moving to the Sonoma County area in 2 weeks.  I'm in the process of making the phone calls to be seen in our new area and we found out our Kaiser Insurance will start 7/01/12 (due 8/26). 

WWYD - Stay with Medi-cal throughout the pregnancy or switch to a new OB w/ MC and then switch again to Kaiser?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Switch to Kaiser or stay on Medi-Cal through end of pregnancy?

• CelynCelyn member
    For me it would depend on the hospital I'd be delivering at, more than who the doctor is, given your short time frame in their practice.
  • I don't think the choice i up to you.. I think once you become eligible for other insurance you lose your eligibility for Medi-Cal... ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'd switch to Kaiser, if you're moving to Sonoma county and you're going to be starting with a new provider anyways, it may as well be someone who is going to see you through even after your pregnancy is through. I'm a kaiser member in Santa Rosa and have been satisfied with my prenatal care. They also redid their entire L&D as well as postpartum unit in 2010 and it is very nice. There's a lot of good providers there, and much more organized. (I had Blue shield with my first pregnancy) also, I believe if you get insurance, you are no longer eligible for medi-cal
  • Have a friend in Rohnert Park with Kaiser - it's been 5 years since, but she was very happy with her pregnancy/birth experience.  Am guessing she delivered in Santa Rosa but am not certain.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"