November 2011 Moms

Help me with solids and daycare?

This is going to take a super long time to type out, but I'm going to put the daycare menu for the entire month in this post.  I'm adding a second solid meal next week, so that means eating at daycare.  The plan is to just highlight the items on the daycare menu that are ok for baby and not send anything from home but now I'm not sure how much of the daycare menu I like for her age (high in sodium?) and the control freak in me is not sure they'll cut it the "right" shape.  Unless it specifically says "fresh" fruits and veggies are canned (except the orange slices, which are fresh).  The trail mix does not contain nuts

Week 1:

Monday
B-Cereal, Fresh Fruit
S1-Apple slices with soy nut butter
L-BBQ Chicken, Salad, Pineapple
S2-Whole Grain Granola Bar

Tuesday
B-Whole grain french toast, fresh fruit
S1-Pretzels and juice
L-Creamy shells and cheese, mixed veggies, tropical fruit
S2-Fresh veggies w/ hummus

Wednesday
B-Muffins, fresh fruit
S1-apple sauce
L-Sloppy joes, salad, diced peaches
S2-Fresh fruit

Thursday
B-Oatmeal with raisins
S1-Animal crackers and juice
L-turkey on wheat bread, green beans, diced pears
S2-fresh veggies w/ ranch dressing

Friday
B-Cereal, fresh fruit
S1-yogurt with granola
L-english muffin cheese pizza, corn, orange slices
S2-homemade trail mix

Ok, I lied.  I'm only typing the first week.  This is way too much work.  Any thoughts on the types of foods that I should ok?  Should I send some from home?

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
Shawn and Larissa
LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help me with solids and daycare?

•  excuse the errors, i have one arm stuck under a toddler.

monday - fresh fruit and apple slices

tuesday - thefrench toast, fresh fruit and veggies

wednesday - small portion of themuffin (i'm assuming it isn't chocolate), fresh fruit

thursday - turkey on wheat, fresh veggies

friday - fresh fruit

I don't do canned fruits and veggies with my kids because of the sodium and BPA so i'd skip that.  I'd do yogurt and oatmeal, but i know you do BLW so I don't know how that would work.  Everything else seems to be foods I wouldn't offer until LO was over a year.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Mon- Cereal (if it's cheerios), fresh fruit, apples

Tue- french toast, fresh fruit, fresh veggies with hummus

Wed- muffins, fresh fruit, applesauce

Thur- oatmeal, turkey, fresh veggies

Fri- cereal (again if its something like Cheerios), fresh fruit, yogurt

I stay away from canned veggies becauseof sodium and canned fruit because they syrup adds a lot of sugar. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys!  I sent replacements for the canned stuff for DS for a long time (until he was 2) for the reasons you guys have listed.  I'm not sure I'm ok with the turkey.  deli meat = super unhealthy and gross.  But I think I'm probably ok with the BBQ chicken.  That's something I'd give her at home, but I'd also know exactly how it was prepared.  Cereal = cheerios or rice krispies.  We do BLW, but yogurt or oatmeal is fine.  I'd probably ask them to give her a spoon and try to self feed :)

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    No juice or canned fruit as others have said but otherwise ok. And I agree with deli meat (nitrates and such scare me)
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• After saying yay to the turkey I thought about it again.  We rarely have lunch meat in our house (we just use leftover meat in sandwiches and wraps) so I never pay attention to what is in it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"