Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Recommend Your Glider/Nursing Chair

What do you suggest?

With DS, we bought an inexpensive glider at Wal Mart.  It was pretty good, although the chair pad got compressed pretty quickly.  It's now in DH's and my bedroom, and I'll use it for nursing sessions in there.  For DD's room, I'm willing to spend a bit more (maybe +/- $300 ballpark) for something higher quality.  Ideally, we can move it into one of the main living spaces once we don't need it in her bedroom anymore.  I'm looking for a rocker/glider with a footstool, and I prefer the look of the ones that resemble easy chairs to the ones that are a simple wooden frame with padding.  The more ideas, though, the better.  :)  TIA!  

Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Recommend Your Glider/Nursing Chair

• We got a Dutailier.  I got it on Craigslist for $75, but I believe they retail for around $500.  Mine is older, but it is in excellent shape and very comfortable.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • vszappvszapp member

We have this one and LOVE it: https://www.besthf.com/best/Storytime/Recliners/items/TRYP

I really like that the whole thing is unholstered so LO can't bonk on a wooden part. I can't remember for sure but think it was more like 500-600 but worth every penny.

• Loading the player...
  • I got mine from a local furniture store. It rocks and reclines. It was $399. 
  • I have an older Dutailer as well.  It was a hand-me-down from my best friend and has been through 5 other kids.  It's still in great shape.  I know they are expensive to buy new but I'd look on Craigslist or ask around to see if anyone you know has one they're getting rid of.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • imagevszapp:

We have this one and LOVE it: https://www.besthf.com/best/Storytime/Recliners/items/TRYP

I really like that the whole thing is unholstered so LO can't bonk on a wooden part. I can't remember for sure but think it was more like 500-600 but worth every penny.

I also have this and am starting to like it more. I actually had issues when LO was small and liked a more firm chair better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemichelle_1221:
    imagevszapp:

I also have this and am starting to like it more. I actually had issues when LO was small and liked a more firm chair better.

We also have this and I LOVE it.  It is the comfiest sitting place in the whole house, and I just recently figured out how to nurse in a reclined modified side-lying position in it since it reclines so far and it is great!  For us, definitely worth the money. 

• Thanks for the recs!
    Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
  • We have this one and like it a lot. No sticker shock like at BRU and it is comfortable. The padding is holding up fine.
  • Love love love our storytime!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"