Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Recommend your "umbrella stroller"

Now that LO is growing out of his car seat, which when we are out I put on the snap and go frame I am looking into getting some type of lightweight, easy stroller. I have a 3 1/2 year old and so when we do little outings during the week he doesnt need to be in our double stroller, he wants to walk. Which one do you have and do you like it? Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your "umbrella stroller"

• Options
    First years Ignite stroller. Easy to maneuver, seems to be well made
  • Options
    MLF135MLF135 member

I've heard great things about the chicco liteway, but its a little on the pricey side for an umbrella stroller.  We got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-On-Me-Lightweight-Umbrella/dp/B003YL3EPU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341144989&sr=8-3&keywords=dream+on+me+umbrella+stroller

Its VERY similar to the chicco for a little less.  The only difference i saw was the sun shade doesn't have a peep window and might be a little smaller.  It fully reclines which I think is nice, especiallly for vacations if you have a napping baby.

BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMLF135:

I've heard great things about the chicco liteway, but its a little on the pricey side for an umbrella stroller.  We got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-On-Me-Lightweight-Umbrella/dp/B003YL3EPU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341144989&sr=8-3&keywords=dream+on+me+umbrella+stroller

Its VERY similar to the chicco for a little less.  The only difference i saw was the sun shade doesn't have a peep window and might be a little smaller.  It fully reclines which I think is nice, especiallly for vacations if you have a napping baby.

We got the same one when we needed a lightweight stroller for the airport. It's perfect for DH and I because we are both very tall. We tried other umbrella strollers, but the handles were too short or our knees would hit the stroller when walking. It is on the pricey side, but well worth it!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mama31mama31 member
    I have a Graco IPO stroller. I like that it reclines and moves well.  It is also a little pricey.  It appears similar to the one posted above. I have had it since DD1 was a baby.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have a Combi cosmo ex.

Love it!

Pros: full recline, grab bar with 2 cupholders(great also for snacks--its also removeable), adult cupholder, decent underneath storage, folds super small, pretty light, has a strap so when its folded you can sling it over your shoulder, decent sun canopy, the seat cover totally removes and is washable.

Cons: not too many.  I would love for the canopy to have even more coverage, but its one of the better ones out there as far as umbrella strollers.  My friend has a Mcclaren, and its better than hers.

You can get away with steering with one hand (as advertised) but its much easier with two.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love my uppa baby g-luxe! It's really light (11lb) and has a great canopy!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have the BRU Maclaren. It was $99 (but I used one of the many coupons BRU mails). I really like it. It is super light and has a strap so when Travelling it is so easy. I leave it in the trunk and still have room to spare. The seat doesn't recline, which is not a big deal to me. It also doesn't have a snack tray. Other than those two things, it's a great stroller. 
  • Options
    We have the Contours Lite and I love it. Huge basket, cup holder, big canopy - and very light. It is perfect. Oh and it is recommended by consumer reports.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Zooper twist
  • Options
    We LOVE the Chicco Liteway.  We pushed a bunch, and this one was one of the best.  It handles very well, it's tall enough for DH to push comfortably, the basket underneath provides a good amount of space, it reclines all the way, the canopy is quite large and blocks out a lot of sun, collapses very quickly and easily, lightweight, has a carrying handle, quite small when it's collapsed.  I would say it's mid-priced compared to all the others, but very worth it to us.  We used a coupon so that helped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"