Toddlers: 24 Months+

sooo a clicky poll about underwear...(you and LO)

Because I'm curious & MH & I have a difference of opinion about this...

(and also I'm curious as to why you would think DD needs to wear them if you don't wear them yourself?)

[Poll]

Re: sooo a clicky poll about underwear...(you and LO)

• I said SS because, I pretty much always wear undies to bed and DD prefers to sleep naked. She is potty trained through the night, so I don't see a problem with her nakedness. Its cute. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do and LOs do too because they wear their pjs a couple nights in a row before washing.  It skeeves me out not to b/c it would be like wearing dirty underwear, in my head, if they put on pjs they already wore without underwear. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I sometimes wear undies to bed and sometimes don't. When LO is potty trained at night I will probably ask her if she wants to wear them or not. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• kegkeg member
    I'm a SS--I sleep in underwear and have one DD that likely will (she's still in pull ups at night).  My other DD who is night-trained likes to go "flamingo" at night (her word for commando). 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• imagefredalina:
    Also, something to think about for the future. When I was about 7 or 8, I had started going on sleepovers, and I stayed with this one friend for the first time. First, mom had us take a bath which was weird. Usually baths were skipped during sleepovers. Then when I got dressed, I put on a nightgown and underwear. My friend made a big deal out of how no underwear at night was allowed in their house, her dad was a doctor and he said, etc etc. I didn't like how it felt to have no underwear and would rush through changing my undies in the morning even, so I didn't like it. Then she had her dad come talk to me about how it was a rule in his house, is healthy to "air out" etc. So I called my parents and went home. I have no idea if there was any kind of abuse going on but it still freaks me out a little thinking about it. So if you go no undies it's cool, but make sure your kids know it's a choice and their friends can choose differently.

Dude that is weird... I am also pro 'airing out' (as an adult had many yeast infections and I think having restrictive clothes on 24/7, even cotton ones, doesn't necessarily promote the best health and can contribute to vaginitis and you would find that many women's health professionals agree) but I cannot even imagine imposing a 'rule' about it to my own kid let alone to a friend? The bath thing at a sleepover is odd also...

We ask DD before bed if she wants to wear them and she generally opts not to (she wears pj shorts/pants, not nightgowns at this point). Obviously vaginitis/yeast infections are not common in little kids so I don't think there is a reason to force it but I also think it is odd that so many people would think it is 'weird' or abnormal or indicates abuse?!?! (again, a 'rule' that is enforced is obviously a different story).

(ETA I was wondering what your thoughts were on the info I posted about my son & that checklist....last night & this morning toothbrushing went without a hitch or fight, I think maybe the best way to improve issues is to post about it on thebump LOL. kidding really but still hoping it is just an asserting independence phase...)

• I was told by my OB/GYN years ago not to ever wear underwear to bed, so I don't and my kids don't either.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I sleep naked.  DD sleeps with pj's on.  I don't like the feel of clothes on with no underwear, so I just was in the habit of putting underwear on her under her pj's.  Never thought anything of it. 
  • I want her to be accustomed to wearing panties at night.  I don't want her to want to sleep naked when she's elsewhere.  I don't wear anything to bed except a nursing tank or nursing sleep bra but I put her in pjs and once shes night time potty trained I'll have her wear pjs and panties.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagediana.filipi:
    I want her to be accustomed to wearing panties at night.  I don't want her to want to sleep naked when she's elsewhere.  I don't wear anything to bed except a nursing tank or nursing sleep bra but I put her in pjs and once shes night time potty trained I'll have her wear pjs and panties.

I'm not exactly clear on how not wearing underwear underneath PJ pants & top = sleeping naked. However, I can understand the concern about not wearing underwear when at other people's houses & that that might be odd. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"