Baby Names

Off limits?

So there are two girl names I really like: Acacia or Aniyah. My problem is both names are names of daughters of two different girls I went to HS with. I wasn't close with either in HS and we still aren't friends, but more acquaintances. I am FB friends with both and we all live in the same town. Should I scratch the names off my list because they are some elses, or use it if I love it?

Re: Off limits?

• No, if you aren't close with them I see no reason to scratch names off your list. 
  • ah625ah625 member
    Ditto PP. If they were your besties or family members that would be different.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you should only take them off the list if you would make the association in your head every time you thought about or said the names. If the girls' mothers are only acquaintances, I don't think it would bother anyone else but you. 

However, I have never heard of Aniyah before and if you live in a small town, it might be weird to have two of them. Unless that type of name is the norm where you live.

And I know you didn't ask, but I like Acacia better. It's a guilty pleasure name for me and I would suggest it to DH if I thought we could pull it off. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageswimiz500:
    No, if you aren't close with them I see no reason to scratch names off your list. 

This 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you arent close then USE IT!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • harm2harm2 member
    imageMolly&:
    imageKearaD:

I think you should only take them off the list if you would make the association in your head every time you thought about or said the names. If the girls' mothers are only acquaintances, I don't think it would bother anyone else but you. 

However, I have never heard of Aniyah before and if you live in a small town, it might be weird to have two of them. Unless that type of name is the norm where you live.

And I know you didn't ask, but I like Acacia better. It's a guilty pleasure name for me and I would suggest it to DH if I thought we could pull it off. 

I was going to say that no names are off limits, but since the names are a bit less common, I agree with this.  As long as you won't associate them, I don't see a problem.  

This was my one thought. I mean if the names were Sarah and Emily I wouldn't think twice, but these are more original names...

• I probably would keep looking. They are both pretty uncommon names, so to me it would scream that you are "copying" the names the old HS friends used.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • You aren't close to them, and they aren't relatives, so go right ahead and use the names.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"