Trying to Get Pregnant

Normal temp spike?

So this is our first month TTC and my first month temping. This is also my first cycle of BCP. My temps up until this morning were fairly regular and pretty much the same. We had some beers last night and this morning my temp had jumped an entire degree. Is that a normal spike for alcohol? I could be close to ovulating. It just don't know when is "normal" for me as this is my first cycle temping and off BCP. Should I just wait a few days to see if my temps stay high and see what FF says? I did mark this morning as drinking. Just wasn't sure what was "normal"
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Normal temp spike?

• Can you link your chart? There is no way to know if it's from ovulation or from alcohol until you have a few more temperatures logged. Keep temping and charting, FF will only confirm ovulation after 3 days of elevated temps. With that much of a temp increase, my *guess* is it's from alcohol, it can make temps a little screwy.
  • it's really impossible to say what's normal for you, but I will say for me, when I drink, I definitely get a pretty big temp spike.

could be drinking, could be O, could be both, we may never know... 

• Loading the player...
  • I only ever get a temp spike from drinking when I drank too much that  it disturbed my sleep or gave me a hang over. If it was an O spike your have to wait for for high temps to confirm.

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Well, I temped again this morning at my regular time and it went back to my regular temps. Guess it really was a spike from alcohol. I'm a little disappointed cause it would have been nice to know I was actually ovulating. Guess I'll just keep on keeping on. Thanks for the comments ladies! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"