March 2013 Moms

Ok ladies. I need your knowledge!

I had my 3rd beta today at what is anywhere from 14-16dpo.  It was 211, up from 71 just 2 days ago.  The nurse said my RE wants me to come in Monday or Tuesday for one more beta and an ultrasound.  She said because we were not doing a treatment cycle and don't know exactly when I ovulated, the doctor wants to make sure everything is on track.  I don't really understand this.  They wouldnt be able to see anything yet, right?  I'm just curious what they would be looking for this early!  Any advice is appreciated!  TIA!
TTC #1 10/2011 || Diagnosed PCOS 5/2012 || SA - Normal! || HSG - Clear!
Starting Metformin 5/2012
BFP 6/25/2012!! EDD 3/7/2013!! IT'S A BOY!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ok ladies. I need your knowledge!

• Hmm, I'm not sure.  I've been told by the OB that they can't see anything on ultrasound until about 6 weeks.  But you never know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At 5 weeks, you should see a gestational sac and a yolk sac.  You may see a fetal pole.  The heart starts (usually) between weeks 5-6, so if you're on the end of week 5, you *may* see a heart that is just starting to beat...but if you don't, no worries.

I am also being seen by the RE, as I was about to start a treatment cycle.  I will have weekly ultrasounds until 8weeks starting this upcoming week.  So far, only two betas.  Betas are no longer useful after you see a heartbeat, but early on, until it reaches 1200 or so, it should be doubling every 48-72 hours.

HTH.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Once your hcg level is over 1000 you can see something on an u/s. My first u/s is scheduled for 5 weeks. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They can see the fetal pole and sac at this point.  With my first child the first ultrasound was right before 5 weeks and we were actually able to see the heartbeat as well.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sgb721sgb721 member

I had two beta draws so far (edd 3/6). They were 50.4 and then two days later 155. I have one more draw on Tuesday because the RE said she likes to do 3 draws to show a steady rise.Then when those numbers look good she wants to do an ultrasound.

The rise in hormones is to show progress. An ultrasound could be to rule out an ectopic or to check that implantation looks good. RE's have a variety of reasons for doing things. I was also not on a medicated cycle so I'm unsure of my O date. I believe I'll be following the same pattern your in. Try not to stress!

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"