Breastfeeding

Consistently skipping one feeding a day?

Since my daughter has been home (3 weeks) my husband has fed her a bottle of thawed breast milk overnight so I can sleep... She's slowly going a little longer between and some nights it's been about seven hours between me breast feeding. Is this going to hurt my supply? I have enough milk in the freezer to do this forever, so if I can always skip one feeding will my supply just work around that? Or should I just drag my self up? =)

Thanks in advance! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Consistently skipping one feeding a day?

• Yes, your supply will adjust to that break so you'll make less milk. If you plan on keeping up with this routine, then don't pump, but if you think DH going to be tired of doing that feeding, i'd pump.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• I wouldn't do it when LO is this young. This is the critical time to get your supply up. They nurse more when they need your body to start producing more milk. If LO isn't nursing your body won't know that you need to make more and you could end up with a supply issue.

I know it's not fun, but I would rather have a good supply than a full-night's sleep  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    C&D-Married 05.28.11 Noelle 03.12.12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's fine. My 2nd baby was STTN by that point and she's growing just fine and my supply is just fine. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She is 2 months old?  I think you are ok.  Do you have a lot of frozen?  You can always add a pumping session in the day to freeze if you feel you need it.  

When she goes through growth spurts, I would probably skip the bottle though.  Your body needs that message.  I am not sure how the growth spurts time out with a preemie. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"