Baby Showers

Pregnant & hosting a baby shower

If I will be 8 months along, is it okay for me to host a friends shower that is a month behind me?

Re: Pregnant & hosting a baby shower

• No, you'll be stealing her thunder.  

Of course its okay, as long as you can contain your amniotic fluid for a few hours it shouldn't be a problem... 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why wouldn't it be? I hosted my sister-in-law's shower at my home shortly after we announced our pregnancy (14 weeks-ish?).  As long as you aren't AWing it up, who cares?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was at 7 months and did it do it possible get help though I was dead tired after
  • I don't see why it wouldn't be.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • imagecwm11985:

No, you'll be stealing her thunder.  

Of course its okay, as long as you can contain your amniotic fluid for a few hours it shouldn't be a problem... 

Haha

As long as she's accepted your offer, sounds like a nice thing to do. 

photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • eav2ceav2c member
    No big deal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm curious as to why you wouldn't think it would be okay.  The only thing I would suggest is to get some help and also have someone as a back-up hostess just in case you go into labor early.
  • imagerachellecb:
    If I will be 8 months along, is it okay for me to host a friends shower that is a month behind me?

I sure hope it's ok, because I'm doing the same thing! My SIL is due about 4 weeks after me with her first. this will be my 2nd. I really really want to throw her shower :)  

Callie photo Callie1.jpg
  • Yes but I agree with the others - get help.  I threw DH a huge 40th b-day party 6 weeks before my due date.  I literally hired an event coordinator and had everything catered and was still tired  from the relatively minimal set up and  planning I had to do.
  • imagecwm11985:

No, you'll be stealing her thunder.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"