Military Families

Signing Bonus

How soon after someone signs can you expect to get the signing bonus? Is this something that we will have to wait a couple of months for or a couple of weeks? Any help would be much appreciated!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Signing Bonus

• What branch? Most times it is received after completing initial training but maybe not all at once. 

ETA: this is a question for the recruiter.  
  • He's Reserves. He has already been to officer basic.
  • Loading the player...
  • There is no recruiter. 
  • I've heard of some people not getting it all at once. That is gets paid out over the course of the # of years... or is that just the re-enlistment bonus? Hmm...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It depends on what was written into his contract.  I received the first half of mine about 2 months after I completed Basic and signed into my Reserve unit.  I received the next 1/4 of the total amount 1 year into my contract and the last 1/4 2 years into my contract.  He needs to read his contract and see what it says.  He will also have to make sure his unit files the paperwork for him to get it.  
  • imageBabyCampbell312:

I've heard of some people not getting it all at once. That is gets paid out over the course of the # of years... or is that just the re-enlistment bonus? Hmm...

For enlistment bonuses, it's all at once. Reenlistment bonuses are in installments. 

• imageiluvmytxrgr:
    It depends on what was written into his contract.  I received the first half of mine about 2 months after I completed Basic and signed into my Reserve unit.  I received the next 1/4 of the total amount 1 year into my contract and the last 1/4 2 years into my contract.  He needs to read his contract and see what it says.  He will also have to make sure his unit files the paperwork for him to get it.  

Thanks so much. This has helped me a lot. 

• MiahTMiahT member
    It's been eight years since our original signing bonus so things might be different now, but DH's first payment came after completing basic or AIT (I can't remember for sure which it was, but I think it was basic because I remember saving the extra money for the move to his first duty station).  We then got a payout at his anniversary date for the next three years for the remainder of his signing bonus.  He was deployed for his reenlistment, so that bonus came as one lump tax-free sum once everything was signed and squared away.
  • imageamazing88:
    imageBabyCampbell312:

I've heard of some people not getting it all at once. That is gets paid out over the course of the # of years... or is that just the re-enlistment bonus? Hmm...

For enlistment bonuses, it's all at once. Reenlistment bonuses are in installments. 

Not true all the time.   

• I want a bonus!!!! Huh?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageF15Wife:
    I want a bonus!!!! Huh?

ME TOO!!!!

We never get one, stupid over manned rates! lol

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• My husband is reserves and we got ours shortly after he got out of AIT. He came back in December that year and we used it to pay for our wedding in March. But we only got half. Then this year we got half of what was left and next year we will get the rest. After the first year it is on the anniversary of when he signed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • my husband got half of his once he got done with all of his training then the rest was broken up between the years he had left on his enlistment, so since it was five years..the first one after training he got half then every year after that was broken down into 4 more and he got that on his anniversary of when he completed training 
    June 2009- Begin TTC November 2011- Laparoscopy to check for endometriosis (normal) HSG to check for clear tubes -(Normal) and hysteroscopy to check uterus (normal) April 2012- AMH checked- (5.8) thyroid and prolactin= normal....internal ultrasound- thin uterin lining indicating issues with ovulation April 2012- Semen Analysis- sperm count of 8
  • imageiluvmytxrgr:
    imageamazing88:
    imageBabyCampbell312:

Not true all the time.   

Yeah, MH got 1/2 after basic and the rest was divided over the next four years. He signed for a smaller bonus (added 1 year) and it was a lump sum. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"