June 2012 Moms
Options

How many bottles do you use?

I'm curious because I have 6 right now that I use. My pedi says I have to boil the bottles (no dishwasher). I'm trying to have enough bottles so I'm not boiling constantly. I also don't want a million dirty bottles building up in the sink.

How many do you use?

ETA:  I meant that I don't have a dishwasher (wish I did!). Sorry that I wasn't clear.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How many bottles do you use?

• Options
    Why can't you use the dishwasher? I hand wash most of my bottles but put them in the dishwasher occasionally. We currently only have 4 (LO was having a lot of gas problems so we have been trying to find a bottle that works well).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Danaz1Danaz1 member
    i have a lot but use about 4 of them. i hand wash or dishwash them i boiled the nipples before the first use
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing l.why not the dishwasher. I use 9 bottles and am thinking about adding more since they take so long to dry. I use the avent ones.
  • Options
    Sorry I was not clear. I don't have a dishwasher so my pedi said I have to boil them. I'll edit my OP.
  • Options
    I don't have a dishwasher either and I think we have 6 or 7 that we boil before use. I breast feed though and he only gets an occasional bottle so it's not too bad.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    we have 5 that we used. We was after every use and then boil in the morning. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BRBR member
    We have 6.  I boiled the nipples the first time we used them.  I now handwash them in hot soapy water.  Am I supposed to boil them every time?  I don't put them in the dishwasher because I didn't want them mixed up with dishes that have food on them.  Is that weird?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBR:
    We have 6.  I boiled the nipples the first time we used them.  I now handwash them in hot soapy water.  Am I supposed to boil them every time?  I don't put them in the dishwasher because I didn't want them mixed up with dishes that have food on them.  Is that weird?

My pedi told me to boil them every time. I don't know if most people do this though. My BIL said he washes his daughter's bottles in the sink with hot soapy water. I may switch to this eventually..

My pedi said if I had a dishwasher I could use it. I'm not sure about mixing the bottles with dishes though. I'd ask your pedi about that.

• Options
    You can use a steamer instead of boiling them.  I use the Medela steam bags, they are cheap, easy to store, and you can reuse them 20 times.  I've seen them at Target, BRU/TRU, and Walgreens.  Much faster than boiling!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemisthang_1:
    You can use a steamer instead of boiling them.  I use the Medela steam bags, they are cheap, easy to store, and you can reuse them 20 times.  I've seen them at Target, BRU/TRU, and Walgreens.  Much faster than boiling!

This sounds great! I will definitely look for them. Thank you! 

• Options

imageabbyhannah8:
    Why can't you use the dishwasher? I hand wash most of my bottles but put them in the dishwasher occasionally. We currently only have 4 (LO was having a lot of gas problems so we have been trying to find a bottle that works well).

I agree. I understand if you don't have one, but I'm still confused as to why you can't use a dishwasher.  

I have quite a few bottles, but I still hand wash/dish wash sometimes. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"