February 2013 Moms

So tired of faux drinking.

I have had FOUR functions since my BFP where I had to "fake" drink in order to avoid suspicion.  I'm not sure what is more sad -- me drinking water out of a beer can (nasty) or that all of my friend/family expect me to be drinking so often!!

I'm going to be doing it again this week over the 4th.  So annoyed.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)

Re: So tired of faux drinking.

• You could always drink water and tell people it interacts with your meds or new diet or whatever since you're already being deceitful. They would judge you less than if they realized you were drinking "beer" when pregnant.
    Serious Business. August Siggy contest:
    hellotarraLuna
    The artist formerly known as Sunbird
    Read my blog! hellotarra.com
  • Hahaha I like that comment about your fam expecting you to drink so much; my fam would be the same way!  :)
    Married 7/10/2009 * DD 12/2/2010 * DS 4/24/2014
    2 babies in heaven (mc)

Blog: ForLoveofCupcakes.com

• Loading the player...
  • imagehellotarra:
    You could always drink water and tell people it interacts with your meds or new diet or whatever since you're already being deceitful. They would judge you less than if they realized you were drinking "beer" when pregnant.

Not sure I could bluff my way through it.  It was pretty funny, though when my friend asked to try the "Summer Shandy" I was drinking, and I said it wasn't a good idea because I'd had the shiitz the night before.  It was the best I could come up with in the moment.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • I have an infected spider bite (for real). Love the antibiotics & the automatic excuse (but don't love the gross bite that still itches a week and a half later!)
    TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So far I have had 3 "events" where I should have been drinking and I said I was driving each time so I just drank water.  That will not fly next weekend, we have a baseball game where a huge group of us is going down to pre-game early.  I'm going to have to fake drink, and I'm dreading it!  I was thinking of bringing down a bottle of vodka, and pretend that I'm making drinks.  I just hope no one asks me if they could try it, then I'll have to act quick and say I haven't been feeling well. Ugh, I can't wait till I'm further along and they can know why I'm not drinking!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • UTI is the perfect excuse. Frequent trips to pee (pregnancy or UTI) Can't drink. (antibiotics or pregnancy)
    Or you could drink like cranberry with a bit of sprite & say its cranberry & vodka.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • It's times like these I'm even more grateful I'm not a drinker. No one ever expects me to drink because I rarely do. They are often surprised when I DO get a drink. So I'll have nothing to worry about at tonight's wedding as no one will think anything of it when I just get a soda.
  • I hate this!! I keep telling people that I'm on an anti-inflammatory diet from my doctor for some issues (keep it vague). people just feel bad and get off my case about not drinking. Phew!
  • I understand how you feel.  I would like to keep it a secret as long as I can from most people, but the fact that I'm not ordering a glass of wine at dinner has forced me to explain...mainly people here I am not drinking and flat out ask if I am pregnant...no getting around that.  Oh well...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/27/12 ~ m/c 11/15/11 BO
    BFP#2 6/10/12 ~ EDD 2/21/13 ~ mm/c 7/12/12 ~ D&C 7/13/12
    BFP#3 2/23/2013 ~ EDD 11/5/13 Beta#1 125, Beta#2 436, Beta#3 ???
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • PB&J9PB&J9 member

I hear ya!  I'm not looking forward to the fake drinking that will be coming up with all of the 4th of July festivities.  I told my SIL that we were trying a few weeks ago (mistake) and now she's going to be watching me like a hawk. 

I have 2 more weeks until my first doctors appt.  I'll tell immediate family right after we confirm a heartbeat so I don't have to worry about all the lies.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby #1, born 3/1/13, Baby #2 due 12/13/14
  • Actually me turning down a margarita was how one of my friends found out I was pregnant the first time.  I was standing up in her wedding and she invited me over for a bridesmaids party.  I guess I had never turned down a drink with her before, lol.

[EDIT for spelling error] 

Married 7/10/2009 * DD 12/2/2010 * DS 4/24/2014
    2 babies in heaven (mc)

Blog: ForLoveofCupcakes.com

• I just told my parents that I stopped drinking 2 weeks ago because I was tired of how it made me feel. My mom is actually stopping now too, because she says I make a good point! So far, so good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• scm306scm306 member
    I'm in the same boat.  I (used to) drink so much that when I had mono a few months ago and didn't have a drink at dinner my FIL still asked my H if I was pregnant.  I had mono!!  Now my FIL's retirement dinner is in a couple of weeks and no excuse I give is going to keep him from getting suspicious.  
  • I 100% agree!!! And I agree I love that people expect us to drink!!!

I should be able to get by the next few weeks without having to worry... except for a drinking event with my family on the 4th of July but I am not so worried about my family and telling people!! 

Soon enough, right??

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went out with a couple of friends when I was like 4 weeks and 1 day.....I actually had to order a rum&coke from the waitress in order to avoid suspicion. I then got up and pretended to be going to the bathroom, and just found the waitress and asked her to please bring me a plain coke instead. It was super sneaky but it worked. In general, if you're at a cocktail place, you can probably get away with just having a soda and people will assume theres alcohol in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"