Babies on the Brain
Options

I'm so confused.

I can't tell if I'm getting a raise this year or not. My dept head just sent out an email saying: "I want to let everyone know that the  Senior Administration and the  Board of Directors have set an across-the-board 2% salary increase to all eligible personnel (when funds were available).  Each of you will be receiving an individual letter over the next few days."

I can't tell if that means my lab specifically is getting a raise or not. Normally we get a 3% raise. I really hope that the 2% normally comes from the foundation and that the extra 1% comes from my boss. We've heard rumors going around for a while now that we're not getting a raise because my boss doesn't have the money for it. That "when funds were available" thing is confusing me.

imageimage
7,065/13,000=54.3%
Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah

Re: I'm so confused.

• Options
    Never mind I guess. My lab manager thinks that we are actually getting a raise, and wonders what in the world the dept head was doing when she put that little phrase in.
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%

Bonafide thread killah
  • Options
    Weird email.  Hope you get the normal 3% raise!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been on a pay freeze for 3 years.  The normal COLA 3% I would get hasn't happend, so I am actually bringing home less money than I was 5 years ago.  But you know, my position is funded by the government and I'm overpaid with all my cushy benefits.  Oh, wait, I don't get those either.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options

I just got off a 2 1/2 year pay freeze. I didn't get my cola during the first half year and then didn't receive a Merritt increase or cola for an additional 2 years. It makes me quite irritated that I could (and should) be making more money but that's a government job for you. =/

We also lost some of our benefits and now have to pay more for our health insurance/ life insurance and retirement as well in addition to that freeze. That was an awesome smack in the face when we got our new contracts.

Sounds to me that you are at least going to get something. Even though it's not 3%, 2% is better than nothing so keep thinking positively! =P  Crossing my fingers for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did get a 2% raise. I'm excited :) It's better than the nothing that we thought we were getting.
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%

Bonafide thread killah
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"