Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

breaking out of swaddler HELP!

My 4 month old daughter has been swaddled since she was born in one of those swaddle me velcrow ones. She will not sleep unless she is in it, but has now started to break out of it.. waking herself up, and therefor waking up 4 or 5 times during the night. She also wont nap without it on, and will break out of it then as well! WHAT DO I DO?!?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: breaking out of swaddler HELP!

• Options

What size do you have? Maybe you need to size up?

My daughter did this with the larger size so I started napping her on her belly and she loved it and slept really good, so she now sleeps on her belly all the time and does great!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the largest size one.. she is 17 pounds.. and super strong! She hates being on her belly, i have tried everything!! i don't know what to do!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try using a blanket to swaddle instead.. and then maybe just swaddle her lower half (keeps the blanket away from her face then too).
  • Options
    YouTube Swaddling 102. Ever since I started using that method of swaddling, my DD hasn't been able to break out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG i just watched a video, and i am DEFINITELY going to try this one video i watched . i think you are my new best friend! hahah thank you so much!!!!!
  • Options
    You could try a Woombie. They can't get their arms out of that, but it allows their arms to move a little more freely. We had DD in a Woombie before we just quit the swaddle cold turkey. She still wakes up a lot though..
  • Options
    My son always tried to break free of the Velcro swaddlers too. I put him a Halo Sleep Sack swaddle, with one arm in and one out. this way he can still suck on one hand to soothe himself. He doesn't try to break free anymore since he has that one arm free.
  • Options
    Magic Sleep Suit is the bomb.  Wink Will be using it the DAY DD2 turns 3 months.  DD1 did amazing in it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKYlove28:
    Magic Sleep Suit is the bomb.  Wink Will be using it the DAY DD2 turns 3 months.  DD1 did amazing in it!

This!!! Love mine so much! My DD sleeps great at night, naps great through the day. All the sleep keeps her in a great mood.

Plus she looks like a banana-flavored astronaut. :) 

• Options
    klmbbbklmbbb member

imageYa Never Know:
    You could try a Woombie. They can't get their arms out of that, but it allows their arms to move a little more freely. We had DD in a Woombie before we just quit the swaddle cold turkey. She still wakes up a lot though..

This. The Woombie works for us and they make them for bigger babies.  Our LO sleeps so much better in the Woombie.  We love it and give it to everyone we know having a baby.  Ergo makes a swaddle pod too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"