September 2011 Moms
Options

How are you storing baby items??

As my little one gets older he has stopped using things like his bouncy seat, play mat, and soon enough his swing. How are you storing this stuff so that it is useable for the next baby. I have an unfinished basement we use for storage but I dont want the stuff to get dirty. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How are you storing baby items??

• Options
    CottonCotton member

We double bag with giant black trash bags and lots of tape. It's been working for us so far. Don't forget to label. And take out the batteries!

Elizabeth

• Options
    I take all the cloth (seat covers, play mat, etc) and store them in the nursery closet. The metal/plastic pieces, like the seat and base of the swing, are in boxes in the basement.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great question! We have an unfinished basement as well and I've wondered the same thing.
  • Options
    We kept all the boxes so I just put the fabric parts into plastic bags and everything is put into its box. We have a dehumidifier in the basement so I'm not worried too much about moisture. Also, I washed everyth
  • Options
    We kept all the boxes so I just put the fabric parts into plastic bags and everything is put into its box. We have a dehumidifier in the basement so I'm not worried too much about moisture. Also, I washed everything that could be washed before packing it away. 
  • Options
    Clothes are labeled in rubbermaid bins by size.  Other soft goods (blankets, bibs) are the same.  I put toys back in boxes if I have them or otherwise like PP use trash bags and tag them.  We have most things in our attic.  I'm hoping either we or my brother (though that is now looking grim) might use them.  I'll keep things for a year or so and if no friends or family can make use I plan to sell or donate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"