2nd Trimester
Options

Question about placenta

Hi all.  I went to my monthly appointment this week.  I'm 21 weeks, and I was told that my placenta is in the front of the uterus.  The only thing the doctor/midwife said is that I might not be able to feel the baby as much, but that everything is fine. I don't know why, but I'm freaking out.  Has anyone else had this, and did things end up OK?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about placenta

• Options

It's quite common, and the only result is not feeling kicks and movement as hard, because there's the extra padding.

Placentas that are over the cervix, that's an issue.  Anterior placenta is not.

Nathaniel David 3/22/11 #2 due 12/16/12
  • Options

Makes no difference! But feeling the baby can be tricky.  I didnt feel movement til 21 weeks. I also had 1x where I wasnt able to feel my LO and had to go get an NST. That was the biggest "problem."

Baby went to 41 weeks with no problems and my placenta looked great when I delivered

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an Anterior Placenta which is what that is called. I dont feel any slight movements but I do feel the strong ones. I havent had any problems with it other than limited movement recognition. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same thing, just meant I didn't feel movement until a little later, no other issues. The problem would be if the placenta was too close or over the cervix.
  • Options
    Your placenta is anterior then (meaning in front of your uterus). The placenta is really cushion-y. It's like if you had a pillow covering you, and someone smacked you or something, you wouldn't feel it as much. It's definitely not something to freak out about. I have a posterior placenta (which means it is closer to my back than my belly button) which means there is not cushion for my tummy, so I feel my little guy a lot more than you would.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta and I still feel the baby. Nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    It is pretty common so dont freak out it wont cause any complications with your pregnancy!  I have an anterior placenta as well.  It took me longer to feel baby movements (@ 22 weeks) and for my DH to feel them from the outside (@ 24 weeks).  Now that I am further along I feel lots of movement every day and you defiantly see my belly move!  GL!!
  • Options
    I was told the same thing at my u/s.  I really don't think it's anything to worry about.  I haven't even thought twice about it.  I was told the same thing that it will just be harder to feel movement/kicks with the extra padding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"