January 2013 Moms
Options

Movies to avoid while preggers.

We wouldn't be girls if we didnt enjoy the occasional chick flick or tear jerker once in a while, but hormones and sappy movies don't mix. I have compiled a list of movies to avoid while pregnant, I have managed to avoid the ugly cry so far, and I plan to keep it that way.

Here is my Top 10 list of movies to avoid.

1. Steel Magnolias

2. Marley & Me

3. My Sister's Keeper

4. Beaches

5. Toy Story 3

6. A Walk to Remember

7. All Dogs go to Heaven

8. The Green Mile

9. My Girl

10. Alpha Dog

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Movies to avoid while preggers.

• Options
    imagePatsyGK21:

We wouldn't be girls if we didnt enjoy the occasional chick flick or tear jerker once in a while, but hormones and sappy movies don't mix. I have compiled a list of movies to avoid while pregnant, I have managed to avoid the ugly cry so far, and I plan to keep it that way.

1. Steel Magnolias

2. Marley & Me

3. My Sister's Keeper

4. Beaches

5. Toy Story 3

6. A Walk to Remember

7. All Dogs go to Heaven

8. The Green Mile

9. My Girl

10. Alpha Dog

On a totally different note, because of some of the guys I work with, I would add 11. Any of the Aliens movies.  They just love comparing an unborn baby to the chest-bursters... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageclariknittist:
    imagePatsyGK21:

1. Steel Magnolias

2. Marley & Me

3. My Sister's Keeper

4. Beaches

5. Toy Story 3

6. A Walk to Remember

7. All Dogs go to Heaven

8. The Green Mile

9. My Girl

10. Alpha Dog

On a totally different note, because of some of the guys I work with, I would add 11. Any of the Aliens movies.  They just love comparing an unborn baby to the chest-bursters... 

I agree with this!  We went to see Promethius (sp?) shortly after I found out I was pregnant and I had to leave the theater during the "bad scene".  The only time in the last 9 weeks that I almost threw up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alpha Dog???
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagePixelpants:

I agree with this!  We went to see Promethius (sp?) shortly after I found out I was pregnant and I had to leave the theater during the "bad scene".  The only time in the last 9 weeks that I almost threw up.

I saw this movie in the theater at the height of my m/s. I thought that I was going to die of anxiety! 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options

Whew, think I'll definitely skip that one.  DH wanted to go see it tonight, and I didn't think it sounded like a good idea for me.  Maybe I can talk him into something more low-key.  I also have to be honest, I didn't enjoy "What to Expect When You're Expecting" too much either.  There were some funny moments with the dad posse, but other than that I wasn't too crazy about it...which was too bad, I was looking forward to it.  So unlike the others on the list, it wasn't upsetting or disturbing, just disappointing!!

• Options

imageJennV514:
    Alpha Dog???

It gets me so incedibly mad. Its a true story and its freakin awful!

• Options
    imageJennV514:
    Alpha Dog???
    the movie with Justin Timberlake??  lol.  I don't really see how that one can compare to some of the others.  hahahah
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagestu31105:
    imageJennV514:
    Alpha Dog???
    the movie with Justin Timberlake??  lol.  I don't really see how that one can compare to some of the others.  hahahah

When they killed the kid at the end I lost it. And its a true story which made it even worse for me.

• Options
    imagePatsyGK21:

imagestu31105:
    imageJennV514:
    Alpha Dog???

When they killed the kid at the end I lost it. And its a true story which made it even worse for me.

Oh, apparently I don't remember the end then.  I didn't remember it being that bad.
  • Options

Add the movie Up by Pixar/Disney. Bawled.

Also I watched Brave and cried in the theater.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePatsyGK21:

1. Steel Magnolias

2. Marley & Me

3. My Sister's Keeper

4. Beaches

5. Toy Story 3

6. A Walk to Remember

7. All Dogs go to Heaven

8. The Green Mile

9. My Girl

10. Alpha Dog

Oh my gosh I avoid watching those movies anyway (I'm a big crybaby), but now that I'm pregnant EVERYTHING makes me cry. Watching Star Wars, reading the Chronicles of Narnia, my sister's graduation, the worship music at church... I'm tearing up even writing this post... Gotta love hormones Crying

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Titanic!
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Watch out for Lion King and Bridge to Terabithia too.
  • Options

imagestu31105:
    Watch out for Lion King

Lion King!  DS and I were watching this the other day and he didn't like the parts in the Elephant Graveyard and I don't like the part where Mufasa dies so... we ended up FFwd'ing through like... a good 1/3 of the movie Stick out tongue

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    RaeilyRaeily member

I cry during most movies anyway so I've been kinda avoiding them... I have watched some horror movies but those have been fine. 

I burst out in tears the other night because they were talking about all the flooding we're having and apparently an animal shelter had to evacuate and got all but 4 puppies to safety. I couldn't stop crying for hours I couldn't believe they put that on the news... 

Anniversary

• Options

imagestu31105:
    Watch out for Lion King and Bridge to Terabithia too.

Good call.

• Options
    I would like to add MIB 3 (the ending got me) and Madagascar 3! We saw both in theaters and I cried watching both of them!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    With my first pregnancy, I had to walk out of "the help" for one scene since I read the book and knew what the woman was going to experience. I'm not sure how in depth they went in the movie, but there are just some things I don't want to think about!
  • Options

I ugly cried watching the "last chance performance" on the Glee Project the other day. Gotta love PG hormones!

I know I shouldn't, but now that you mentioned Steel Magnolias I really want to watch it again. I haven't seen it in AGES and love me some Weezer.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Options
    JJsMumJJsMum member
    I cried reading the book and seeing the movie Marley and Me without being pregnant.  No way am I going anywhere near that movie (or book) now!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    Yeah, I'm not giving up any JT movies. Funny pick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Omg all dogs go to heaven! That was one of my saddest childhood movies!
    Anniversary

\

• Options
    imagenycitygirl1:

I ugly cried watching the "last chance performance" on the Glee Project the other day. Gotta love PG hormones!

This too! Effin glee project. Also Shawshank redemption...it has been on tv a lot lately.

Anniversary

\

• Options
    imagejjr1214:
    imageURMySunshine77:
    imagePixelpants:

I saw this movie in the theater at the height of my m/s. I thought that I was going to die of anxiety! 

Uh oh...DH has really been wanting to see this. How bad is it? 

I am normally not affected by scary movies, but there are a lot of goopy, disgusting aliens, and there is a ton of suspense. It depends how you are feeling and if you think that you can handle the stress. The "bad scene" might be a little traumatic for you. I told my girlfriend to wait until it comes out on DVD. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    I cry over everything now but today really got me! I was driving home when the song I danced to at my wedding with my father came on and I ugly cried all the way home. I didn't even cry at my wedding!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I would add Eight Below, My Dog Skip and The Fox and the Hound. Just thinking about The Fox and the Hound has me crying.

And yes, I am a sucker for animal stories.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Lion King, The Notebook, ANY movie that involves an animal dying, and any incredibly touching love/family drama.

I'm a total crier when it comes to sad things, happy things, and everything in between. So, I just need to stay away from most movies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagejjr1214:
    imageURMySunshine77:
    imagePixelpants:

Uh oh...DH has really been wanting to see this. How bad is it? 

I honestly didn't even WATCH the "bad scene". I only listened to it and watched my SO squirm in his seat and that was enough to affect me this badly.  I was fine with the rest of the movie.  I really am not squimish with gore.  It was the context of the scene that was too much for me.  I would just suggest going to the bathroom during that part.

• Options
    Don't watch we bought a zoo. Omg, tears were flowing.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    I had to turn off Water for Elephants when they started poking the elephant with a stick.  I didn't even make it to the really sad parts (I've read the book).
    4.23.12 - BFP! EDD 1.3.12

imageimage

• Options
    And extremely loud and incredibly close. Huge tear jerker!!

CafeMom Tickers

imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    imagePixelpants:

I loved Prometheus (correct spelling). I thought it was the most intelligent film I've seen in a while. But that scene... normally it wouldn't bother me, but I couldn't take it. I plugged me ears and put my head between my legs and Milo was so understanding. He told me when it was over.

Another movie to avoid: Inside. It's a French film and I'm not going to go into what it's about... just avoid it. Trust me.

Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• Options
    I agree. As soon as this scene came up I ran out of the theater and passed out next to the tolet. it's not bad enough that I'm pregnant but I am extremely squeamish as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"