TTC After a Loss

Just experienced loss #7

I'm torn.  We had 6 m/c, thought we had solved our issues and had DS with a rather uneventful pg.  When he was 14 months, I got pregnant with #2.  At my 13w appoinment, had no hb (had seen one at 10.5 weeks).  I was on all the same meds as the last time, only a couple of instances of spotting, nothing unusual.  I had a D&C a couple of days ago and hoping to find something from the genetic testing to say it was random.  

I'm not sure where to go from here though.  We don't feel our family is complete, but Im scared of trying again.  I just don't have a doctor here I trust (we moved after DS was born to a place with crappy dr options) and I don't know how to go about finding a good one.  The last one I lucked out that my aunts all used him through their troubled pregnancies.

Not sure what advice I'm looking for, just some place to land while we work through this.

Re: Just experienced loss #7

• I am so incredibly sorry for your losses... life is extremely unfair isn't it?

I hope that through testing you're able to get the answers you're looking for. Good luck finding a doctor you and your family can trust.

(((HUGS)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • imageweaslewam:

I am so incredibly sorry for your losses... life is extremely unfair isn't it?

I hope that through testing you're able to get the answers you're looking for. Good luck finding a doctor you and your family can trust.

(((HUGS)))

I agree with all that weaslewam said. I am so sorry that you have to go through this.

BFP #1 4/11/11 - EDD 12/23/11 - m/c at 9 weeks BFP #2 11/18/11 - EDD 7/24/11 - m/c at 5 weeks Anniversary My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so very sorry for your losses.  My T&Ps are with you during this extremely difficult time.  As far as finding a good dr., have you reached out on the local boards offered here?  I am unfortunately inexperienced with these areas of the board but it was my first thought.  Maybe even something like Angie's List or www.vitals.com?  I believe both of those websites offer patient reviews so it would give you a jumping off point for finding a well liked dr.  Just my two cents.  Stay strong and positive, and again, T&Ps coming your way!
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • {{{Big HUGS}}}

I'm so very sorry for your losses.  I can't imagine what you've went through.  There are many women here with multiple losses who are wonderfully supportive and can relate to where you are right now.

If you're looking for a place to land, this board is a safe place where you can re-group and try to decide where you want to go from here.  Welcome to the Board.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage
    BFP #1 - 01/12/12, EDD 09/12/12, Medical Induction @ 21 weeks 05/03/12
    BFP #2 - 10/30/12, EDD 07/04/13, Natural m/c @ 5 weeks 11/01/12
    BFP #3 - 02/07/13, EDD 10/12/13
    Dx: Incompotent Cervix

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm incredibly sorry for your current loss and previous losses.

The only thing I can thing of is that even if we solve the issue that is the cause of multiple loss, it doesn't eradicate the ever present potential that something else can go wrong -  it just puts your chances of loss back in line with the rest of the population. There will never be a 100% guarantee that getting pregnant will lead to a baby. Whether you and your husband decide to proceed to grow your family or not, remember that it is a huge deal that you were able to successfully go to term with your last pregnancy. All the stars were aligned, and it IS possible.

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • lavrillavril member

I'm so sorry for your losses and all you've been through.  Sending you T&P during this difficult time.

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • DCWJesDCWJes member
    I am sorry for your losses. *hugs* welcome to the board. 
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • I'm so sorry for your losses.  That must be devastating.  I hope you can find some answers through testing that give you the courage to continue forward.  Many hugs to you!!  Welcome to the board!
    TTC #1 since November 2011
    ** BFP #1 - M/C at 6 weeks 4/13/2012 **
    ** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **
    NT Scan 9/4 - looked great! | Grow, baby, grow!!! | A/S 10/29

***All AL always welcome***
  • I am so sorry for your losses. I understand the feeling of not having your family seem complete but being utterly terrified to try again. T&P are with you through this difficult time and that you find a doctor you can trust soon! So sorry again and welcome to the board. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
    TTC #2 Since October 2011
    RE testing results: DH- normal ME- DX:PCOS and One copy of MTHFR gene
    IUI#1 Sept/Oct 2012-Follistim, Ovidrel, Metformin, Baby Asprin, Lovenox, Crinone, and Neevo Beta 10/24=BFN
    No 2nd IUI but instead TI with Metformin, Baby Asprin, Neevo and Prometrium
    BFP #4 5/4/13-EDD 1/19/14- grow little one, grow!
    Beta #1@15DPO HCG-95, progesterone-25 Beta #4@24DPO HCG-2498, progesterone-30, 1st U/S 6mm,133BPM 2nd U/S 1.6cm, 167 BPM
    Chart
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~*~*~*~Everyone Welcome~*~*~*~
  • I am so very sorry for your losses. 

I also had difficulty finding a good doctor.  Finally, I ended up using one in Jacksonville, which is 2 hours from where I live in Valdosta, GA (don't even get me started on this town...).  It's worth it to have someone I trust.  I am currently in the midst of my second miscarriage, and I have already noticed that this doctor is a thousand times better than the one I had before.  I hope you can find someone you trust.  That is so very important.

Welcome to the board.  I am sorry you have to be here.

• I am very sorry to hear of your losses.  You've landed in a great place though with us ladies!  Lots of support and comfort.  Many HUGS as you begin trying to move forward. :)

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

• AlbahAlbah member
    I am so sorry for your losses. You have been through quite a journey. Hope you find some comfort with this great group of ladies. <hugs> 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• EKGibsEKGibs member
    so sorry for your losses. welcome to the board!
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• imagekatharine25:

I'm incredibly sorry for your current loss and previous losses.

The only thing I can thing of is that even if we solve the issue that is the cause of multiple loss, it doesn't eradicate the ever present potential that something else can go wrong -  it just puts your chances of loss back in line with the rest of the population. There will never be a 100% guarantee that getting pregnant will lead to a baby. Whether you and your husband decide to proceed to grow your family or not, remember that it is a huge deal that you were able to successfully go to term with your last pregnancy. All the stars were aligned, and it IS possible.

While in my brain I know this, in my heart it's hard to accept. 

Thanks for the welcome ladies.  

• I am so sorry for your losses. How confusing and sad to have to experience it again after having your DS. Will be praying for a new doctor that will meet your needs.
    Jackie (26) & Josiah (28) married December 27, 2009
    TTC #1 since August 2011
    BFP #1 3/27/12, EDD 12/9/12, Natural miscarriage at 5w2d on 4/7/12
    Diagnosed with PCOS 7/1/13
    Pursuing adoption from Ethiopia 7/2013-currently on the wait list! 
    BFP #2 9/16/13, EDD 5/28/14 Beta #1: 363, Beta #2:876, @ 7w1d Heartbeat:147
    Team Pink!

• imageweaslewam:

I am so incredibly sorry for your losses... life is extremely unfair isn't it?

(((HUGS)))

I second with everything weaslewam said. :( So, so sorry.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so very sorry for your losses.  Welcome to the board.  I hope that you find the comfort you need here.
    BFP #1:  8/10/11 EDD: 4/9/12 Natural miscarriage @ 7 weeks: 8/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/31/12 EDD: 5/18/13 Chemical pregnancy: 9/4/12
    BFP #3:  5/17/13  EDD: 1/24/14 Loss at 5 weeks: 5/29/13

image  imageimage

Lots of testing, all clear with the exception of compound heterozygous for the MTHFR mutation. 

Cycle 1: Femara, trigger shot, Bravelle added due to slow response = BFN
    Cycle 2: Cancelled due to two cysts =(
    Cycle 3: Femara, Bravelle, trigger shot and IUI = BFP then loss #3
    Cycle 4: Femara, Follistim, trigger shot and IUI = BFP!  EDD: 6/7/14

PGAL/PAL welcome
  • I'm so sorry for all of your losses, but glad you found us. I hope you find some answers about your most recent loss, and can move on when you're ready.

• I'm so very sorry for all you've been through. Breaks my heart. :(
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"