February 2012 Moms
Options

How the Eff Did I Get Pink Eye?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF?!?!?!?! I have no clue how I got pink eye...I'm a teacher, so I've had it a couple of times before.  At least those times I knew I got it from students! 

It's too late to do anything about it tonight, but I'll probably have to go to urgent care in the morning. I've literally washed my hands at least 20 times tonight.

Anyone ever try putting breastmilk into your eye when you had pink eye? I read that it could help, but so far it just seems to be getting worse.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How the Eff Did I Get Pink Eye?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Options

I've had pink eye twice since LO was born, I actually had it the day he was born, haha! I'm also a teacher and I know I get it from my students, blah. 

I tried putting breast milk in my eye, it helped a little, but I still had to go to urgent care and get drops. Hope you get better soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've read (I don't remember where) that you can get it from having a cold, or something like that.  It doesn't have to be passed from someone who has it.  I don't remember the details, but I got it once and couldn't figure out where from, and that's what I found.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, and I'm sorry you got it!  It sucks!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Antibiotics probably work faster, but yes breastmilk is supposed to work. I haven't tried it, though.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mkarnsmkarns member

imageMollySm:
    I've read (I don't remember where) that you can get it from having a cold, or something like that.  It doesn't have to be passed from someone who has it.  I don't remember the details, but I got it once and couldn't figure out where from, and that's what I found.  

This is true. Colton had it in both eyes from his cold. It's because there are 2 types, bacterial and viral. Viral is the one people spread in schools and dorm rooms, etc. Baterial is from a really bad cold.

I'm sorry you got it! I got it 2-3 times in college my freshman year because I lived in a huge dorm. It suuuuucks! Feel better soon!

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"