February 2012 Moms
Options

Minute 38 of crying.......UPDATED

This was no big plan of CIO. I simply can't figure out what to do. She's out of her mind tired, not hungry, dry diaper. She was swinging her arms and thrashing around. I rocked, walked, danced, and sang. So I laid her down. I feel like a piece of sh*t listening to her cry. Stupid dh asked why I was crying.. This is my fault since I've spoiled her according to him. Ds2(5 yr old) just said mama why don't you get the baby? Babies can't talk so they cry to tell us what's wrong. ::::sigh:: I know buddy. Minute 43.. So after 48 minutes she went to sleep, for 45 minutes. I fed her and put her back in the crib drowsy. She's in there just looking around. This may be an interesting night!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Minute 38 of crying.......UPDATED

• Options
    iTunes visualizer!  Seriously.  Pick a great song and let her watch the screen for a minute.  It is enough to calm them down when you start to get desperate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options
    Oh I am so sorry.  I know it's so hard.  The first night is the worst.  Stay strong.  I really believe that some babies need help learning to sleep on their own.  I hated CIO but it has been so worth it.  He went from crying whether we were trying to soothe him or not to being able to put himself to sleep with no crying most nights.  I promise you she will wake up smiling at you to let you know it's all ok.  But do whatever you're comfortable with...you know what's best for her.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

once in a blue moon DD gets like this. i either put her in her swing or in her stroller for a quick walk to the corner of our street and back. i dont know if its the change in movement or scenery or what but sometimes thats the only way she will calm down. good luck mama!

Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemeaganbrand:

once in a blue moon DD gets like this. i either put her in her swing or in her stroller for a quick walk to the corner of our street and back. i dont know if its the change in movement or scenery or what but sometimes thats the only way she will calm down. good luck mama!

I do this, too. Notonly does it calm DD down, but me as well. Fresh air does everyone good!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I hope that the rest of your night goes well now that she managed to fall asleep, eat and is soon back to sleep. Heck maybe she can STTN randomly for you!

Ps Don't believe your husband, I think some babies naturally need more comfort and their moms and are just harder! Totally nothing you could have done, even if you do hold her and rock her (she is a baby of course)! I think men don't quite get it at all. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • Options
    I hope things calm down and she falls into a deep sleep for the night! Its so hard when you know the best thing for them is sleep and they fight it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options

No matter WHAT kind of meltdown we're having, this is our Off Switch. Its more stimulating than something to put them to sleep, so theres the trade off. But, esp in public, its something for a few minutes of quiet. If I lost it, Id be at the store within the hour, its that necessary to our houses mental health. Hope things got better for you!

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Einstein-Take-Along-Tunes/dp/B000YDDF6O 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"