High-Risk Pregnancy

GD - When do you check your post-meal #?

I was told to check my # one hour from the time I start eating. However my 1hr after number today was 108 and two hours after I started eating it's 134.

Re: GD - When do you check your post-meal #?

• Mine said 1 hour after I finished.  I had to clarify that because at work, from the time I start eating to the time I finish can by anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour (I have to work while I eat, no lunch breaks here).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm type 1 but I test both at 1 and 2 hr post when I give insulin (which is usually in the middle of a meal). My docs look more at the 2 hr number though.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My dietician said specifically, 1 hr after the *start* of my meal.  I'm a slow eater too so that's hard! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I check mine 2 hr after I finished eating. Have to be under 120.
  • imageSweetLittleThing:
    1 hour post meal.  As soon as I finish eating I set a countdown timer on my phone or I forget!

This.  If you ate something high in white flour, your numbers may increase over time because it takes longer for your body to process it (that's according to my dietician). 

image Anniversary
  • I test two hours after I start eating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1 hour after I start eating.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • 1 hour after I start eating (first bite).  I also set my phone timer or would forget.

I looked it up because I just didn't understand it.  Essentially the articles I found indicated that this the commonly used point because *most* often this is when you will hit your highest point.  Obviously this is an inexact science with so many variables.  One of the articles I read talked about pasta.  All regular white pasta, but fresh pasta is metabolized more quickly, whereas dried pasta takes longer to metabolize.  This means that you won't likely see the high point from the dried pasta at the 1 hour point, but a little later.

In GD I think they want to see that you aren't getting too high which is why they want to see your supposed high points.  This allows them to help protect baby from the high blood sugar, which is ultimately what causes the potential risks.

• I test 1 hour after, which is pretty easy for me since I have always been a really fast eater. Too many years of having less than 5 minutes to eat lunch at school. I have to be below 130.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • jw87jw87 member
    imagelady_tytah:
    I check mine 2 hr after I finished eating. Have to be under 120.

This. 
  • 1 hour from start of eating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"