Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Soaking through the diaper at night

My LO just bumped up from sleeping in three hour stretches to five hours magically this week.  I am so thankful for this, however, now he soaks through the diaper at night.  We change him right before putting him down and when he wakes up five hours later he has completely soaked through the diaper and his PJ's.  We have tried Pampers, Huggies and Luvs.  He isn't leaking through the legs of the diapers, but actually filling it up so that it is soaked. 

I looked into overnight diapers, but those don't start until size 3 and he is still in size 1.  Any one else have this issue, and what did you do to solve it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Soaking through the diaper at night

• Options
    This hasn't happened to us for this LO yet, but it did happen with DD.  We took it as a sign that she had to go to the next size in diapers.  I would try size 2's at night and keep him in size 1 during the day.  Not sure how big he is, but this used to happen to us right around the time she should have moved to the next diaper size anyway.  Hope that helps!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use Pampers Baby Dry diapers at night ( they are overnight diapers)..they come in size 1.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrs+harlow:
    We use Pampers Baby Dry diapers at night ( they are overnight diapers)..they come in size 1.

We did this until DS got to size 3, then switched to Huggies Overnight.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we had the same problem, switch to Target brand diapers and LOVE them no more problems soaking thru at night.
  • Options
    Try going up a size or at babies r us they sell inserts for added abosbancy.  Also Huggies snug and dry hold much more than the swaddlers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I also use Target brand and don't have leaking issues, but if you also use a bigger size it will absorb more. Just make sure you put them on tight so there aren't any gaps to leak out of.
  • Options
    I would try just moving him up to a size 2.  We have had to move DD up to a size 2 just to avoid leaks. Even though technically she was in the weight range for size 1 and they still fit. 
  • Options
    We have the same problem with DS. He's 13 lbs as of Thursday and wearing Pampers Swaddlers size 2. It's definitely not a size issue. He just eats a lot and sleeps through the night. I doubt any diaper could solve my problem so I just change him and wash the sheets. Thank god for waterproof mattress pads.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"