April 2012 Moms
Options

Smocking lovers, I need some help!

Can I have website recommendations please?  I want a silk, smocked Christening dress for DD.  I would typically go to Strasburg Children for it, but they closed the two stores that I am near and only have one down by Philly.  I called the store and they no longer carry the dress I want, they stated they are redoing all the stores and gave me the number to call Destin (FL) as they may have some white smocked dresses left, well without being able to see it I really don't want to spend the money on it since it is non-returnable. So I need new recommendations please.

Here is my son's and I would like a similar fabric, I'll even take no smocking if I can at least have similar fabric. Price is not an object for an heirloom.

Close up:

Thanks!

Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."

Re: Smocking lovers, I need some help!

• Options

The fabric looks like taffeta or dupioni silk. I ordered some accessories this morning from everythingnicechristening.com ...they have a few silk gowns. Some say they have smocking, but when I look at the pictures it's actually embroidery or in the case of one style pin tucking on the bodice. But there is one for sure on the page that has smocking and is a similar fabrication to your son's christening outfit:

https://www.everythingnicechristening.com/dp10gs.html

Sorry not clicky...iPad  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't reccomend anything first hand, however I ngetting Ellie a smocked cotton dress for after the church ceremony from etsy and when I was looking for it I saw several silk options that looked beautiful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never ordered from it, but I love the stuff on this website

https://www.grammies-attic.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"