December 2011 Moms

Reluctant Daytime eater?

Over the past few days I've tried to up A's daytime formula intake. I was successful one day but that's all. She won't take more than 4 ounces at a time every 3 hours....plus she acts like I'm torturing her if I show her a bottle before noon (she will take 2 ounces at 10). The one day that I was able to get more into get she slept until 330 before looking for food. But the other nights were back to her taking 4 ounces at 1 and 4. Anyone else have a baby who eats more easily at night?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reluctant Daytime eater?

• Oh my gosh! I wrote a reply to this way earlier and it obviously didnt work :( we are having the same issue. He wont eat more than 2-5 oz at a time. I am feeding him almost every hr to 3 hrs. It stinks! Some nights he wakes up super hungry! I have no idea what to do. Hes gaining weight and is fine on everything. He is a little guy though. 27 in and 16 lbs. I hope it gets better soon!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I tried to stretch the feedings out to every four hours but that didn't work either.

She starts taking bottles like a champ at bedtime (5-6 ounces) and then twice in the night (downs 4 ounces and is back in bed approx 20 min).

It good to know that someone is in the same boat. I am going to get her dad to be the bottle man tomorrow and see if that makes any difference in the daytime.

She weighed in at 19 lbs and measures 26.5 inches last week. So she's certainly not fading away.

I half wonder if I were to refuse bottles one night if she'd switch back to daytime eating. I will wait and see what the ped. suggests when we go for our 6 month.

ETA: that I "wonder" but I wouldn't refuse food to a clearly hungry baby. Thought I'd clarify in case someone was concerned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got back on here...i just wanted to say good luck! We are at 16 lbs so hes a lil guy. I guess they eat when hungry, at least thats what h says. I dont like it at all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"