December 2011 Moms
Options

Be careful what you wish for!!!

Last night, my last post on the Random Thoughts post was "yeah, we're getting a storm"  Ten minutes later mutha nature unleashed her fury in 70 mile per hour winds and stobe light lightening.  The storm woke the baby and freaked the dogs out.  And the power went out.  And its still out.  And will probably be out for the next two days - it was that bad!  The baby didn't go back to sleep until 3am and it was too hot to sleep after 7am.  All I could think about was the breastmilk stash in the freezer!

Fortunately my friend didn't lose power and now my stash is safe at her place and we're staying cool in her AC until the sun goes down.  But other than that, we're up a creek for a few days and with at 104F heat index this isn't going to be easy or fun.

Re: Be careful what you wish for!!!

• Options
    -T--T- member
    Oh my goodness that is awful! I am quite certain my first thought would also be my ginormous freezer stash. So thankful you kept it frozen. Thank goodness for friends. Hope power comes back quickly, it's gonna be a HOT week!
  • Options
    Ah that sucks! Out of nowhere a bunch of fires hit here last night. What in the world is going on with the crazy weather?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a crazy storm here, too. Loved the lightening and the wind, but I got nervous and pulled LO into bed with us because his crib is close to a window. He slept like crap even though I put him back in his bed an hour later -- we're paying for it today. Luckily we only lost power for a few minutes, but there are trees down everywhere. I hope your power comes back on soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Glad you guys are ok cookinitup.

I'm out of town and heard about the storm, and can't get in touch with any of our neighbors to see if our power is out.  I too am just crying thinking about all the milk that will have to be thrown out if we are without power!  DH said he too would cry if that happened. 

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear your stash is ok (along with you, of course). I live in central fl and I am trying to think of a contingency plan for my freezer stash in case we lose power.
  • Options
    Glad to hear your stash is ok.  In TX during Hurricane Ike, we had no power for 2 weeks.  But my BIL had power and he only lived like 9 miles away.  We were like you stayed there during the night though.  Plus we didn't have DS then.  But since they say it is going to be a active season I hope we don't get hit and that my deep freezer will keep my stash real cold in case it does happen.  Thank goodness you and your family is safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"