July 2012 Moms

Nice little trip to Target....a.k.a Black Hole

Hi, ladies :)  Hope you're all enjoying your weekends so far.  Decided to go to Target today to pick up some last minute things. Ended up buying:

- light grey cotton robe for hospital/home

- cute plum colored tank w/ built in bra (not nursing, but I thought it would make my boobs look a bit perkier than they've been looking....lol!)

- big ol' package of overnight Kotex pads.  Can I say that I felt like I was 12 again looking at pads?? I didn't know what to buy, but I figured it was a start....

- milk, cream, and instant coffee.....which I promptly used to make homemade Ben & Jerry's mocha ice cream when I got home :)  Fatty Pants McGoo!!! 

I feel good cause I've been wanting to get a few more hospital/post partum things like that but haven't felt like tackling the black hole that is Target. 

Anything else that you guys have left on your "To Buy" list for hospital or home???? 

imageimageimage
married 8.9.08
jackson thomas. 8.9.12

Re: Nice little trip to Target....a.k.a Black Hole

• I was *just* whining to DH that I'm going to have to be topless for the first few weeks of LO's life because we have no money left in the budget for nursing tanks or nursing bras and I've forgotten to buy both!  Will have to get creative...or else DS is going to be traumatized...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hahaha that comic cracked me up! I can't stop laughing at it!!

Anyways, I few weeks ago I purchased the diaper overnight pads, and some witch hazel, I bought some slippers and some nursing tanks... I feel set to go at this point! Come on baby!

imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have any coupons or gift cards for BRU left?  They have cute ones there!
    imageimageimage
    married 8.9.08
    jackson thomas. 8.9.12

• Don't know if you are planning on nursing, but I bought nursing pads when I bought my 14 year old overnight pads.  Also, I did get some nursing bras, but no tanks, I remember with my other two that if you layer two tank tops you can kind of pull one up/ one down and stay pretty well covered during feedings without an actual nursing tank.  I packed a bunch of my maternity tanks, the spandex ones work best as the first layer because that is the one you pull down from the top, (kind of pull your boob out the top)  then the top tank comes up.  Your belly stays covered, and so does your boob because the tank you pull up covers your breast and the tank you pull down covers your belly.  Not sure if I explained that right or not, but it will work if you have to get creative.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekatybug499:
    I was *just* whining to DH that I'm going to have to be topless for the first few weeks of LO's life because we have no money left in the budget for nursing tanks or nursing bras and I've forgotten to buy both!  Will have to get creative...or else DS is going to be traumatized...

Same here. But I have 3 of those 'ahh' bras(kinda like a sports bra) that I think might work for nursing at home. They are not very supportive but they are better than going commando. Take a look around your closet and you might be able to come up with something you can use.

Or you could always exchange a baby gift for a nursing bra. Recently I have sold some books and dvds to make a little extra money for things like this. Its how we paid for our crib.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG, that happened to us tonight. We went in for toilet paper, laundry detergent, and deodorant for DH. We spent $300. WTF.

ETA: Extra purchases: 2 nursing tanks, a nursing bra (I already have some but there was a cute grey one that I couldn't pass up), some nice cotton pjs with a button up top that I can wear when visitors come to the hospital/home, and a very pink robe for the hospital. We also got a lamp for the nursery (DH agreed to spray paint it white for me because I wanted something specific that I could only find at a much higher price point in white) plus some other home items like oxyclean and dishwasher detergent.

That Target...

• imageBucks County Newlywed 808:

- big ol' package of overnight Kotex pads.  Can I say that I felt like I was 12 again looking at pads?? I didn't know what to buy, but I figured it was a start....

Oh my gosh, I felt the same way buying pads.  I had no clue what to get.  I can't even remember what brand and type I actually picked up, but I figured it was better than nothing.

I'm thinking I should purchase some more nursing tanks/bras.  I had some passed to me from my sister so I think I will see how far those get me and then invest in more if I need them.

My sister asked me today if we had everything we needed.  I replied with "We have diapers, wipes and I have boobs, we should be set for the first few days."  I'm hoping that's true! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"