Breastfeeding
Options

ouch

When I woke up this morning I was engorged more on my left side then on my right. I started to bf the baby on my right and knew I would have to pump on the left because there was no way she was latching on the over engorged side.

So my DH heated up the pre-pumped milk as I fed. When I finally got to pumping the left side and got a few oz out it still doesn't feel any better. The milk flow has slowed down a lot and I was not getting anything out of the pump but that side has some of the hard balls and still feels heavy. I tried the let down expression on the pump, tried to hand express the milk and nada. What is going on with that side and how can I help it? I did also massage it a little thinking that would help but it really hasn't. Maybe a blockage or something???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ouch

• Options

sounds like a plugged duct. I just found some one on my right side.

https://www.llli.org/nb/nbmarapr07p76.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Either was PP said or mastitis. If you start to feel feverish or get chills, see if your doctor can call in a Rx for antibiotics for you. I got mastitis a couple time while bring, and within the first dose I felt worlds better. 

Hope that helps.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you doing compressions while you pump that side?  I had that happen this morning and had to do the expression phase several times, adjust the suction, and really push on the hard spots.  Eventually things got going.  The other thing you can try is hand expressing while in a hot shower.  A nurse baby on that side a lot, since they are better at draining the boob than a pump.  
  • Options

when I ever noticed that happen I would let DD nurse the heck out of that side and point her nose where the plugged area seemed to be. also hot compress.

worked like a charm

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Your baby is really cute. That's all I have to say lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"