Babies: 0 - 3 Months

CD questions

How many, on average, to start with if I do laundry every other day?

Can I just use a pillow case instead of a wet bag?

Do you use a mix of pockets and AIOs-like pockets for night and AIO for day???

Recommend your fave please!

Josie Cailin 7/25/08 Asher Mason 7/19/10

Re: CD questions

• Currently we are using a mix of prefolds, kissaluvs (fitteds), BGs 2.0.  I think we have about 24 PFs, 6 KL0, and 7BGs.  The thirstie diaper covers are by far my favorite (over proraps and Bummis SWW).  We do laundry every other day, if we had about 4 or 5 more CDs we could make it to doing laundry every 3rd day.  We always seem to be just shy of making it through the 2nd night.  We do use a pillow case for our diaper pail and we wash that, plus our cloth wipes, and diapers all together!  So far all of them have worked great.  We just started using our BGs tonight though but so far they've been working great!  We'll see how they do over night.
  • How many, on average, to start with if I do laundry every other day?

I have 24 and do laundry every other day, sometimes every 3 days. I think bare minimum would be 20ish.

Can I just use a pillow case instead of a wet bag?

Yep. You can also sew your own wet bag for really cheap. Celtic Cloth has PUL (the wet bag material) for cheap, compared to what a wet bag sells for. I bought a yard for $12 and have made 4 large sized wet bags with it.

Do you use a mix of pockets and AIOs-like pockets for night and AIO for day???

We use pockets (Happy Heiny One Size) all the time. You can add some extra stuffing for the nights if you wish. :)

We only have Happy Heniy's, so those are our fave. ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Right now we only use PF's and covers.  We have 36 PF's, 6 or 7 covers and wash them every third day. 

I really like the Thirsties and Bummis covers.  We have a prowrap that I'm not crazy about and the Imse Vimse cover (NB size) doesn't fit our peanut yet, she has such tiny thighs.  She's not STTN yet, but she'll go 4-5 hour stretches at night in one diaper no problem. 

imageimage 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"