Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sunscreen?

What kind are you using?
image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunscreen?

• I was told not to put any sunscreen on the baby until 6 months at the earliest.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For the baby or myself? For the baby, I'm not using any until he turns 6 mos based on our pediatrician's recommendation. I know the most current research has said that you can use sunscreen before 6 mos, but I'm just playing it safe and going by what the doctor said. When I do start using it, I will make sure to get anything organic. I saw several organic brands at the BRU check out line and will probably just get on of those. As for me, I use Aveeno, because it is supposed to be low in chemicals. With the baby constantly sucking on my arms and putting his face up against my chest, I do worry about what I'm wearing too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same as the PP, pedi said none till at least 6 months.  I never put it on the kids till closer to a year though, then I used Vanicream sunscreen as per Ethan's dermatologist.  It is $$$ so I just use it for the kids because they are so sensitive.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • I was also told none until 6 mos. Pedi said sunscreen is not tested on babies less than 6 mos.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Episencial or CA baby. I know a lot of people use badger too. 
  • https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

Good site to look up the ingredients in beauty & skin care products.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "No sunscreen before 6 months" is repeated by pedis to discourage parents from slathering their kid in sunscreen and sitting them outside.  Obviously, staying in the shade and covering as much of them as possible is the very best thing.  But I guarantee you that if are going to take a baby outside and part of their skin will be exposed to the sun, a quality sunscreen will always be better than a burn.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:
    "No sunscreen before 6 months" is repeated by pedis to discourage parents from slathering their kid in sunscreen and sitting them outside.  Obviously, staying in the shade and covering as much of them as possible is the very best thing.  But I guarantee you that if are going to take a baby outside and part of their skin will be exposed to the sun, a quality sunscreen will always be better than a burn.

This. Please if you are taking baby outside put sunscreen on him/her. Of course it's best to avoid being out on the sun but protection is better than none of you are put. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"