Babies: 9 - 12 Months

couple of random questions :)

first-its been nice, but has anyone still not had AF come back yet at all?! ds is almost 11 mnths and ive had nothing..no spotting, symptoms etc. im not pregnant, and am still BF. i have heard that its common to not get your period till after your done BF, but its weird!  

second- what is everyone doing about nursery decor for the future? anything yet? i want to start to transition to dinosaur stuff, but not sure if i should because he might not end up liking them!

thanks!

TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: couple of random questions :)

• mvhydemvhyde member

Yup, DS turned 11 months last week and I am still AF free. I have always had irregular periods (3-4 a year) but for some reason right before I conceived I started getting them every month (for about 6 months or so).

So I am not too surprised that I haven't started yet.

We aren't going to change the decor. It's just a sky blue room with a tree painted on and some bees and a beehive. I spent a lot of time doing it so I won't be redoing them anytime soon. I might continue to add more Winnie the pooh themed stuff. Some framed pics and maybe a large pooh cutout and blankets and pillows once he is safe to have pillows and blankets in with him.

• I am at 10.5 months and still no AF (I was actually going to post this same issue!).  I pump while at work and BF b/c at home.  We went from eating 8 times a day to 6 to 5 and now to 4.  And while I work, I only pump 1 time all day.  I've heard as you drop feedings it may come back but so far no signs.  We do want to have another kid sometime soon, but I also want to continue to BF so I don't know how we would really go about doing that from a timing perspective - given that we had so much trouble getting Amelia I need to know when AF is coming.  Prior to DD I have always had regular periods. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD will be 10m in a little less than a week.  No AF here.  Though a few times I've felt crampy and have spotted a teeny bit.  But then nothing came of it.

I don't really plan on changing her bedroom decor until she asks.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• 11 months here and still no AF.  It's been nice!  We're still BF 4-5 times a day and the three days a week that I work, I pump twice while there.

We won't be redoing the nursery because it will stay the nursery for all of our kids.  DS will move into our empty bedroom when I'm pregnant again (which probably won't be till next summer).  We don't know how we'll decorate yet - but he will have a Dr. Seuss quilt on his bed whenever he moves since I've already bought the fabric to work on it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If your LO is still actively nursing I wouldn't be surprised AF hasn't returned; if your is nursing 3x a day, I would wonder where AF was...  My friend is BFing at 14 mos and has not had AF return - she still nurses around the clock and is just cutting back specifically to cycle again.  On the other hand my DD started STTN at 4 mo and I got AF at 4.5 mos pp.  All different ways!  My mom had irregular cycles prior to pg, and didn't get AF after pg - she consulted a dr.  Once after BCP I also didn't cycle and after a few mos, I consulted a dr.

Congrats on your babe... :)

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• My son is just over 11 months and we just weaned this week... no AF yet! And I was only nursing him once a day for a few weeks before that. I think it's crazy too.

ANd we're not going to bother changing his nursery decor yet. Probably not until he starts talking and can tell me what he wants haha.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"