Stay at Home Moms
Options

Mother's helpers?

I have asked a cousin/neighbor who has a teenage daughter if her daughter would be interested in a summer job.

My request if for childcare from 6-8 am on days DH works (he works 4 on, 4 off), so I can get my runs in before it gets hot out.  I am training for my 2nd half marathon in Sept.

There are no gyms in our town that offer childcare.  A nearby town offers childcare, but not until 9 (and my older two have been sleeping until then lately) - plus I have heard the childcare fills up quickly.  Even if I joined the gym, there is no telling if I'd actually get all 3 kids in.

I have never taken the girls to a MDO program, daycare of any kind (other than when  I was a FTWM), or a gym daycare.

This seems like such a big step for me to admit I need help.

What do you do?

Re: Mother's helpers?

• Options
    I think that sounds like a great idea and an easy way to earn some money for your neighbor.  Are your girl's even all up that early?  It sounds like she would have to possibly give them breakfast if they are up, so I'd make sure that there are easy to fix options for their sitter to get for them like cereal or instant oatmeal, fruit, etc.  Good luck with your marathon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you!  The only one that *might* be up is Dylan.  I am not sure when they start conditioning for swimming (I think in August), so we'll see if it works out.  I figured on days she'd be here I'd make muffins or something easy for her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a mother's helper in the afternoons. The kids are all in half day camp now, so I have every morning to myself...........

I think it's a good idea..... 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I'd say go for it! Admitting you could use a little help is always the hardest part. Plus I agree with the PP, the kids are still sleeping for the most part anyways. Enjoy your running time. I'm jealous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My next door neighbors have an 11 year old daughter who is really good with Ben and he absolutely adores her.  After the baby is born, I'm considering approaching her to see if she'd come over a couple of days a week for an hour or two to play with Ben while I tend to the baby.

I think if you can do it and you trust this girl, you should go for it.  There's nothing wrong with needing/using a little bit of help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"