April 2012 Moms

Judging my fb friends..

Okay, I'm giving a major side eye to my friends on FB who are talking about taking their 3 month olds to the lake/pool. It's suppose to get like 106 here today in GA. That can't be good for a baby. I would never dream of having LO outside in this kind of weather. The thought of putting a baby in a nasty lake grosses me out too.

Re: Judging my fb friends..

• What do you think happened to babies before air conditioning? Or in parts of the world where it isn't common? (like my apartment, lol). Not side-eye-able, IMO - it's possible to keep a baby comfy in the heat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJFH2010:
    What do you think happened to babies before air conditioning? Or in parts of the world where it isn't common? (like my apartment, lol). Not side-eye-able, IMO - it's possible to keep a baby comfy in the heat.

I agree with this.  We're going on vacation at the end of July to the Ozarks and it is going to be super-hot (it always is!).  I plan on taking her in the pool for short periods of time in the morning before it gets into the 100s.  I don't know if we'll take her to the lake.  I prefer to swim in a pool and we don't have a life vest for her for the boat, so we'll probably stay out of the lake this year. 

• Loading the player...
  • We've taken DS to the pool on a few occasions. He has a long sleeve swim shirt, sun hat, & enough sunscreen for an army. And when we're not in the pool, we're in the shade. I agree w/ pp, not worthy of a side eye
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The pool seems fine to me. The lake does seem iffy. I won't even wade into a lake. I have no way of knowing whats in there. Germs. Ucky.
  • We are taking our LO to a lake for the 4th.  my parents live on a private one but it is not like she face is going to go in.  We are going to dip her feet in and go on the boat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I get trying to avoid the heat but you also can't be a hermit all summer. Not sure about the lake but we will be doing pools for sure and in a week and a half we will be in Disney world!!
  • imageMrs.Teddy:
    I get trying to avoid the heat but you also can't be a hermit all summer. Not sure about the lake but we will be doing pools for sure and in a week and a half we will be in Disney world!!

Oh I totally understand we can't stay inside 24/7. It just concerns me. That's all.

• It is hot...but if you dress them appropriately and keep them out of the sun and cool enough I think there fine!
    BabyName Ticker}
  • I just went to a block party today and it's in the 90s (I'm in Orlando). We sat under a tent and there were fans. It was still boiling but L was awesome! Everyone thought she was the best baby ever, she just sat there and chilled with everyone for 3 hrs. 

I personally don't do lakes. I don't like gators, snakes etc and also when it gets real hot here I hear about ameba things crawling into people and killing them. No thanks.  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • imagekatieh1017:

I just went to a block party today and it's in the 90s (I'm in Orlando). We sat under a tent and there were fans. It was still boiling but L was awesome! Everyone thought she was the best baby ever, she just sat there and chilled with everyone for 3 hrs. 

I personally don't do lakes. I don't like gators, snakes etc and also when it gets real hot here I hear about ameba things crawling into people and killing them. No thanks.  

Exactly! There is a local girl who has made national news who has a flesh eating bacteria after making a homemade zipline and falling into a river. Some of the lakes here are so gross.

• imagekatieh1017:

I just went to a block party today and it's in the 90s (I'm in Orlando). We sat under a tent and there were fans. It was still boiling but L was awesome! Everyone thought she was the best baby ever, she just sat there and chilled with everyone for 3 hrs. 

Exactly! There is a local girl who has made national news who has a flesh eating bacteria after making a homemade zipline and falling into a river. Some of the lakes here are so gross.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"